1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado Small house/cabin with land??

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Jerry311SD, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Aug 10, 2017 at 6:37 AM
    Jerry311SD

Jerry311SD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona Ca SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    2019 tacoma TRD Quicksand
    KDMaxx tune K&N drop in AFE catback Oil catch can Bill's 6112/5160 Dynomat whole inside of cab TRD skid plate
    Long story short
    I want out of Cali.:burnrubber: Everything is just way to much here.
    I'm looking for a small house/ cabin to call home. I want to be kinda out of the city.
    I want a place where I can shoot without people bugging me. I have been looking at the Colorado springs area. Woodland park looks nice. Pueblo looks okay too 40 Acers for 14K$
    I'd love to live out in the middle of nowhere, but not sure I i could do that and work a job at the same time.

This is not going to happen this year or next year, but it is something I am trying to do with in 10 years.

Would it be best to buy land in the next few years, and build a cabin/home later?
    And what place's should I be looking at? I need to be somewhat close to a city because I'll need to find a job out there also.:fingerscrossed:

In about 10 years I'll be ready to pick up and move, no more child support payments lol.

smw62891 and MotoEd like this.
  2. Aug 10, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    Deathbysnusnu

Deathbysnusnu Work is just a daily detour to happy hour.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Fort Crawlins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Vintage Tundra
    Dog, camper.
    Some of us want out of this state as it has become overpopulated and the forest now smells like a landfill after a weekend of camping idiots. In 10 years, it'll be 5 times as bad.
    Don't take any of that personal, just trying to point out, it's already way overcrowded and in 10 years it won't be any less.

That being said, you can buy my house, I'm asking 350k for a measly 1200 square feet.
    In 10 years, that will prolly double.

3. Aug 10, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2004 4-dr 4x4 Tacoma TRD
    Relentless front and rear bumpers, Warn M-8000S Winch, Relentless RockSliders, bigger tires, bed cover RTT ... and more big changes in the works.
    Search in person! Drive to the area you want and camp there for a few weekends. If you like it, the camp there for a bunch of weekends while looking for the right piece of land. Talk to as many people as you can in an area before you move there....or just pack up and move now.

I know people who have done it both ways and been happy and not happy.

MotoEd likes this.
  4. Aug 10, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    Deathbysnusnu

Deathbysnusnu Work is just a daily detour to happy hour.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Fort Crawlins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Vintage Tundra
    Dog, camper.
    There are currently 1000 new people moving here (Colorado) each month.

kashtyaatsi and MotoEd like this.
  5. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:17 AM
    TacoRated

TacoRated Do the chickens have large talons?

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD OR
    High speed, special purpose duct-tape noise cancellation LCAs. Redline Tuning hood struts Hefty Fabworks Rock Sliders Trifold Bed Cover TRD Pro Grille
    Regarding the shooting without people bothering you I'm afraid you're thinking of the Colorado that existed 10-20 years ago. In 10 years you'll be moving from California to California 2.0. We already have thousands of former Californians here who are intent on turning Colorado into California. I guess they didn't learn the first time.

6. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    Jerry311SD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona Ca SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    KDMaxx tune K&N drop in AFE catback Oil catch can Bill's 6112/5160 Dynomat whole inside of cab TRD skid plate

That sucks. I hear ya. The town i live in now is growing faster and more and more people are here . ITSUCKS

Deathbysnusnu[QUOTED] and MotoEd like this.
  7. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:24 AM
    Jerry311SD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona Ca SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:

Thats Why I was thinking I might be ok If I save up and get some land. that way im far enough away from the anti gun cry babies .

Shit is to expensive in Cali.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    smw62891 and MotoEd like this.
  8. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    I have to agree I've been here my whole life except for the first 2yrs and it's crazy how it's grown
    In 10 yrs I can only imagine
    I'm ready to run for the hills too or somewhere less populated :D

9. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:45 AM
    Trucko

Trucko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Summit County Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    arb bull bar Smittybulit 9.5 winch topper shell with yakima basket piaa lights toytec boss coilovers Dakar leaf pack with boss shocks 28/75/16 bfg at ko2 Midland CB Home made trailer with CVT Mount Rainer tent and max coupler hitch
    same boat as everyone else. so dam crowded you cant get away from it anytime anywhere or so it seems. My question is why do so many people move here. my wife and i were both born here

10. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    MotoEd

MotoEd Ed-MotoEd

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Northern NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver DCLB 4x4
    ARE Shell. Pelfreybilt front bumper. hi-clearance rear bumper w/swing out. Rigid light bar/fog lights/reverse lights. Pelfreybilt front skid. Home/hand made slidders. DR front coilovers. Camburg UCA. AllPro Expedition leaf pack w/u-bolt flip and Timbren bump stops. 285 70-17 on stock rims with Spider Trax wheel spacers. EBC slotted/drilled rotors with green pads.
    I lived in Colorado a 10 years ago. I up and moved from California :anonymous:. Moved in with a friend in the Denver area (littleton). Lived there for about 6 months but wasn't digging the city thing and wanted to be out in the sticks. Found a cabin for rent for $600 a month, way out in the middle of nowhere (Kremmling). The cabin was on 5 acres with a mature aspen grove, had a wood burning stove and was on its own well for water. Still being way out in the sticks I could not just shoot out my back door. There are so many houses everywhere even though they are not right next to you. But a short drive away, I could shoot all I wanted to in the national forest. I was actually surprised how populated all of Colorado was not just the big cities. Everywhere you go, you see houses in the forest. But, Being in the middle of nowhere takes planning for everyday life things like groceries and gas and working. My nearest big grocery store (not the tiny expensive on in kremmling) was 45 miles away as with where I worked. That's about a 50 min drive not taking into if there's a blizzard or heavy snow storm. The drive home was the easy part. The shoveling or blowing the 3 feet of fresh snow on my massive driveway was another feat when I would get home so I could park up by my house and not leave my truck on the side of the county road. All in all it was fun and beautiful. But sadly, I got married and got drug back to California had two kids and now I'm in Sparks, NV. I still cant stand California! Had to leave.

Deathbysnusnu, bigbarlo and 303tacoma like this.
  11. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:49 AM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    Because this is a beautiful state and I don't think this helped:rasta: much either..

12. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:58 AM
    Blackat

Blackat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5
    TRD Stat, TRD Supercharger, TRD Headers, TRD Cat-back, slight lift.
    When you live in a nice area, other people want to move there too.
    It's human nature and as far as I know, the states have open borders.....lol.

You want less population, move to an island or just enjoy it while it lasts.

acidchylde likes this.
  13. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:59 AM
    MotoEd

MotoEd Ed-MotoEd

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Northern NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver DCLB 4x4
    ARE Shell. Pelfreybilt front bumper. hi-clearance rear bumper w/swing out. Rigid light bar/fog lights/reverse lights. Pelfreybilt front skid. Home/hand made slidders. DR front coilovers. Camburg UCA. AllPro Expedition leaf pack w/u-bolt flip and Timbren bump stops. 285 70-17 on stock rims with Spider Trax wheel spacers. EBC slotted/drilled rotors with green pads.
    When you live in southern California your whole life and it takes an hour to drive 12 miles to work, you just get sick of it. California is way over crowded. Yes, nice weather... But he'll with all those idiots on the road. For me, I'm a hunter, Fisher, camper, outdoors person. Colorado appealed to me because I could do all that all in "my backyard". California is a +3hr drive to get to anything like that. Thats half your day just driving in traffic there and back to enjoy some nature. :goingcrazy:. Thats why colorado is so appealing to people. Plus, dont even get me started on house prices in California. People think there crappy house is made of gold or something.

14. Aug 10, 2017 at 7:59 AM
    smw62891

smw62891 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DCSB
    Sub'd... This is my plan as well, Colorado or Idaho. Just hoping by the time it's a reality for me there is still acres to be bought for us who want to be left alone with our guns and tacomas. :oldglory:

MotoEd likes this.
  15. Aug 10, 2017 at 8:03 AM
    MotoEd

MotoEd Ed-MotoEd

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Northern NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver DCLB 4x4
    Notice that Magpul up and moved out of Colorado because of their California laws slowly working their way into Colorado. Not going to be very gun friendly for long.

16. Aug 10, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    What irritates me the most is the trash people leave behind
    I'm not just talking in the mountains
    Everywhere......
    It seems some people don't know how to pick up after themselves and that's sad

Rawlins, syswalla, jubei and 4 others like this.
  17. Aug 10, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    smw62891

smw62891 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DCSB
    Yikes... Didn't catch that. One good thing about NM. We still are very gun friendly state. Might just push myself as close as I can to the NM/CO border. Love it close to Chama/cumbres pass area.

syswalla and MotoEd[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Aug 10, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    Jerry311SD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona Ca SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Montana looks nice too or Utah.
    I've been looking at Colorado for a long time.
    I'm over the Cali price and crowds. If I could live out in the middle of nowhere by myself I would.

Maybe buying allot of land would be a good start

MotoEd and smw62891 like this.
  19. Aug 10, 2017 at 8:10 AM
    303tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Vehicle:
    The housing situation is getting about as bad here

Coop68 and MotoEd[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Aug 10, 2017 at 8:10 AM
    Jerry311SD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Ramona Ca SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Because people are rude and they suck. not only will they trash a camp ground they trash their own neighborhoods.
    I saw a mattress on the side of the road this morning someone just dumped there.

Products Discussed in

To Top