1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado State Troopers

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by bt08231, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Apr 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    Any out there? any experience with this agency? any input? very interested....

2. Apr 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Never even been to Colorado..why do you ask?

3. Apr 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    WizzyTRDTXPRO

WizzyTRDTXPRO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    TRD TX PRO 4x4
    My G/f's ex husband is a Colorado State Trooper. Anything you want me ask her to ask him?

4. Apr 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    CNEDEER

CNEDEER If ya ain't first, your last!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma DC 4x4
    Maybe you should call him instead :p

5. Apr 2, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    WizzyTRDTXPRO

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    TRD TX PRO 4x4
    Nawww I don't think that's the best idea

6. Apr 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Lol avoid colorado

7. Apr 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    whoa whoa chill with the CO jokes hahaha what do you want to know about CSP? kind of a generic question you got there... umm there are police officers with state wide jurisdiction? they have bigger better guns cruisers and gear? seriously they have a ZR1 cruiser and a new srt8 charger lucky bastards

8. Apr 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    I was coming out of Utah once in my '87 pickup that didn't like to go faster than the mid 60s. I got pulled over by a state trooper a few miles into Colorado. He asked for my licence and registration and then spent several minutes in his car, I suppose running my tag. When he handed me back my license he asked how fast I was going and I said that I wasn't sure but I knew for damn sure I wasn't speeding. He said, "you were going 67." I said, "Yes, and what is the speed limit?" He said, "75." I then asked him why I was pulled over and he said to be honest that they just tried to find some excuse to pull over everyone with out-of-state tags.

This isn't exactly an isolated incident either. My brother had the same thing happen to him as did a farmer in my home town and I've heard several others say that you should watch out when driving through Colorado with out-of-state tags.

9. Apr 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    WizzyTRDTXPRO

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    TRD TX PRO 4x4

I hear these stories but they have never happened to me I have only been pulled over once in the state of Colorado and once was because a burnt out head light. Every Co state patrolman that I have ever met was serious but fair and polite (better than I can say about some other states I've been through).

10. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Nobody I've known who got pulled over for no reason ever got a ticket. I can see why they do it as Colorado is a major conduit for drugs and illegals; however, it is a violation of the law to do so.

Speaking of State troopers, in my state it's an anniversary for them and they are going "retro" with some of their cars and marking them back like they were in the 50s complete with the big red bubble on top. I'm not altogether sure that this is a good use of state funds but I suppose that they've used my tax money for dumber things.

11. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Weirdness -- double post.

12. Apr 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    JayDawg

JayDawg Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sterling, Co. via San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package
    4-PIAA 80 Racing Series Off Road Lights, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Rear Leaf TSB, Mickey Thompson Classic Lock wheels, fog light mod, more to come...
    I work as a Corrections Officer for the State of Colorado but know many of our State Troopers. What would you like to know about them? Also, with the out of State tags people, there is a reason why they pull them over more frequently even if they are doing nothing. In Denver, where the 76 or 70 freeways meets the 25 freeway, that is one of the biggest drug traffic areas in the nation. Lots of drugs get passed through our State in that area as those are major freeways that take you across the nation. Please don't take it personal if they pull you over for going to slow or they think you are suspicious. They are honestly just trying to get the drug dealers. And many of those same drug dealers go below the speed limit because they think they will not get pulled over then.

I live in the Sterling area and our State Troopers out here are very cool. I have not had a bad experience with one yet and have been pulled over a few times when I have been out of uniform so they had no clue that I also work for the State. In fact, I just got pulled over a few weeks ago in my Tacoma for speeding. I was doing 73 in a 65 zone coming back from Nebraska. I went to Cabellas to look at some firearms. My truck said I was only doing 68 or 69 and I had my cruise set but apparently the trucks speedometer is slightly off. The Trooper was very cool though and gave me a warning but I have a lot of respect for what they do. I have a little better inside knowledge than most of what they deal with because they send me all of the bad guys they arrest and later get convicted so I am thankful for the job they do.

13. Apr 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Here one of the new-old look cars they just bought:

[​IMG]

14. Apr 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    GeoTaco

GeoTaco the town is back that way

Member:
    First Name:
    Freeda Feltcher
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 TRD Off-Road
    OME 3inch lift, AAL for TSB Leafs, 285-75-16 Duratracs, Avid sliders, Leer 100XR, rear diff. breather mod, Safari Snorkel, Hi-Lift mounted on ARB, Compressor mounted under the hood, BAMF rear diff skid, ATO front, trans and transfer case skids
    I got pulled over going skiing earlier this year, was speeding, following the cop too closely, changed lanes with out a signal and did not get a ticket.

The Story so y'all don't think I'm a terrible a-hole driver. I came up on an SUV and a semitruck and merged into the left lane..the SUV pulled over as well and instead of breaking (up hill was coming up) i just coasted and got kinda close (20 feet or so) i stayed there until we were past the semi truck then switched to the center lane....so did the dick in the SUV, so i switched back and gunned it past him....as i pass i looked over and saw the state trooper markings. Thought to myself F here comes an expensive ticket. I passed him and pulled into the center lane, then the right lane then the shoulder as he turned his lights on. I always roll all my windows down so you can see everything in my truck. He came up to my truck and asked if i knew what i did illegal. I listed the things and he asked why i was in such a hurry. I told him that i was just going up to ski and didn't think i was speeding (Speedometer said 67 in a 65, turns out i was doing 74 in a 65). I told him i honestly thought he was a jackwagon tourist driving in the left lane and didn't know he was a trooper because the back of his SUV was covered in road crap. he took all my info, we back and looked at the back of his car, came back and said nice truck, have a great day. Staties are pretty cool here.

15. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I've applied to the CSP, its exceptionally hard to get in unless you know someone. Their academy is bootcamp, hard as shit. They have Crossfit style workouts almost everyday. Marching, running, drill etc. Same type of shit you'd expect from a military boot camp. Their training is superior, they accept no lateral transfers, they will station you at the need of the patrol.

Anything else? I have a few documents on how to train to get ready for their academy physically.

To Top