1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado Towing thread

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by trailbuilt, Mar 4, 2012.

1. trailbuilt

trailbuilt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I have read thought the towing thread and those flatlander's are crazy. As you all know we do not live on the same planet as them and there is no way I can tow 5000lbs with my 11 taco... What are some of you towing in the mountains? My general rule of thumb is cut the towing rating in half and thats what you can tow in the mountain on a regular basis. My last truck was rated at 10k and I struggled towing 6k in the mountains. I am thinking in Colorado the taco should tow 3k max without killing it. thoughts? post up some pics of what your towing.

I am in the market for a camper.

2. MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    What's your truck?

Not that I could ever afford it .. but I sure would like one of these: http://www.adventuretrailers.com/teardrop.html. But for now, my "trailer" is a shell and a Bedrug in the back.

3. trailbuilt

trailbuilt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    2011 DC 4wd.

To Top