1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado Trail Status, Closures, repairs, discussion.

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Deathbysnusnu, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Jul 31, 2023 at 7:43 AM
    Wishbone Runner

Wishbone Runner Because 4R

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    CO
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 4Runner
    King/Dirt King
    Bummer, glad I had the opportunity to run it a few years ago after missing it year after year. Also looks like the Palisades is still in rough shape but repairs are coming in the next few years.

Kolter45 and CO MTN Steve like this.
  2. Jul 31, 2023 at 10:28 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Ah ok. We saw it Sunday afternoon so must of been right before you got it recovered. Some dirt bike riders that came up to the top of Webster but couldn't get through the snow said it was a Tacoma off the edge. I thought your picture was more recent. Glad you only slid a bit off the road and no one snagged some parts off it. Not surprised on the SXS person. Trail etiquette is nearly non existent now days. I guess SXS's think they have the right of away regardless of trail direction.

3. Jul 31, 2023 at 12:54 PM
    Red Baron

Red Baron Let's call it livabetes, no more die

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Lost on a roundabout
    Vehicle:
    07 Radiant Red DCSB
    Things with metal, dog hair, more metal and lights
    They absolutely do normally but shockingly enough I came across 5 decent ones at t-33 plane crash yesterday. Knew the rules and picked up after themselves. Kinda gave me a bit of hope

Wulf and RockiesTaco like this.
  4. Jul 31, 2023 at 2:58 PM
    jubei

jubei would rather be doing something else

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NoCo
    Vehicle:
    White 2002 XC TRD and Yellow 1971 JEEP CJ5
    Stuff. Also things.
    Speaking of SXS people and bad behavior, I ran the first part of Pole Hill yesterday with the lady while we were killing time waiting to pick up our daughter from a friends house in Pinewood Springs.

We took a couple camp chairs and snacks so we could post up and enjoy the views of Estes and RMNP while we waited. We ended up pulling off the road right at the top of the first big hill, walked up to the ridge and grabbed a little spot where we could get the views and also see the truck.

After about ten minutes, the shitshow began in earnest. A tour guide with a truck full of tourists rolled through and we heard him talking to the sheeple in the back about how, “It’s Forest Service land, so you can camp, shoot, and have campfires anywhere you want!”… Nothing about any of the restrictions on all of those things, but whatever, they drove on and we had the place to ourselves again.

Five minutes later, we heard the world’s shittiest EDM music blaring and saw a SXS roll past my truck (no notice taken AT ALL), and stop literally in the middle of the road just beyond where I pulled off. They then proceeded to start unloading camping gear. A few of them set up a camp kitchen about fifteen feet from where we were sitting, but yet they STILL hadn’t noticed us. The level of obliviousness was profound.

By now, I had reached and exceeded my tolerance for bad behavior and we decided to pack up the chairs and the snacks and let these oxygen thieves have the spot. The only way to get back to the truck was to walk right through their ‘camp’, at which point they finally noticed us, but they said nothing to even acknowledge our existence, not even a nod or a wave. We drove a ways further down the road to turn around and head back, and as we drove past them again, the now-emptied SXS was still sitting in the middle of the damn road! All while these losers were gleefully messing around with the power line bases that were under construction next to the road. Thankfully, there was room to sneak past, but even then, these pieces of shit looked at us like we were the ones cramping their style.

It was breathtakingly awkward to see just how horrible these people could be. Sadly, it all fits perfectly with the overall lack of fucks and shitty behavior from that crowd, so now I just consider decent SXS folks to be the exception and not the rule.

20230730_140553.jpg

20230730_141950.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  5. Aug 1, 2023 at 12:26 PM
    Kappes03

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    I can't recall the last time off road where I didn't have a negative SXS experience. Even camping up near Geneva, my buddy and I were at the very last camp spot up there and yet 2 SXS's drove up to our camp to turn around.. at 2am when we were already lights out

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  6. Aug 1, 2023 at 2:33 PM
    essjay

essjay Part-Time Lurker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5 (V6/AC/4WD)
    Can't say it's any better with SxS people in CA. Going too fast (especially around corners), no trail etiquette, and blasting loud music. Nevermind the tendency to send it off trail when there's a snowbank or something else blocking the actual trail. Fucktards.

xxTacocaTxx, Kappes03, jubei and 3 others like this.
  7. Aug 1, 2023 at 6:25 PM
    Wishbone Runner

Wishbone Runner Because 4R

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    CO
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 4Runner
    King/Dirt King
  8. Aug 1, 2023 at 6:28 PM
    jubei

jubei would rather be doing something else

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NoCo
    Vehicle:
    White 2002 XC TRD and Yellow 1971 JEEP CJ5
    Stuff. Also things.
    Preach.

Any improvement helps, and there really isn’t anything to be done for self-entitled assholes anyway. Shit people will always do what they want, because that is what immature and malformed humans do.

Being a decent human adult actually means not just doing whatever the fuck you want whenever you want to do it.

9. Aug 2, 2023 at 7:06 AM
    CO MTN Steve

CO MTN Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    RaMbLiN' CoLoRaDo
    Vehicle:
    2015 Taco DCSB Blue
    Lifted, Armored, needs more lights.
    Link says "non residents", if so that isn't going to help much.

10. Aug 2, 2023 at 7:22 AM
    Kappes03

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    I think it's statewide for the course, but out of state for permit. In state requires a license plate

All OHVs must display a current OHV registration sticker when operated or transported on public lands or roads. Off-highway motorcycles may be registered as street legal if they are safety inspected and insured. OHV registrations expire annually on the last day of the month the OHV was purchased.

Beginning January 1, 2023, off-highway vehicles (excluding motorcycles and snowmobiles) will require a license plate.
    Beginning Jan. 1, 2023, Utah will require all OHV operators to complete the free Utah Off-Highway Vehicle Education Course. Operators under the age of 18 shall possess a youth OHV education certificate in order to operate an OHV on public land, road or trail. Operators 18 years of age or older may operate an OHV if they possess an approved adult OHV education certificate. The once-in-a-lifetime course is expected to take less than 30 minutes to complete.

[​IMG]

xxTacocaTxx, Kolter45, jubei and 2 others like this.
  11. Sep 15, 2023 at 9:50 PM
    JasonLee

JasonLee Hello? I'm a truck.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Q322+3C Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD OffRoad
    TRD Supercharger and more.
    Cinnamon pass today.

reallifedog likes this.