1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'coma love saved my life

Discussion in 'New Members' started by comababy, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jun 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    comababy

comababy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    05 dbl cab 4X4
    Just joined. On my second Tacoma. First one was a 94 ext cab 4X4 with after factory installed TRD package. Bought it with 9000 miles and fell in love. What a truck. In 2007, I was T-boned by a 19 yo running a red light, driving while texting at 50+ mph in a jacked down Monte Carlo. His car hit beneath the right rear quater panel and behind the wheel, catapulting the truck 17 ft., butt over front, landing full weight on left front corner of cab, spinning and eventually coming to rest upside down, facing 130 degrees opposite the direction I was going and still in my lane! Bent the truck in half between cab and bed, crushed that corner but left me protected by proven cab cage and excellent seatbealt with only minor cuts from glass exploding, shoulder contusion from hitting the door upon asphalt impact, and a brain that took about 48 hours to feel near normal. Walked away! After insurance pay out, I immediately bought another Tacoma to the dismay of family and pals, except those that know Tacomas. Now, I own a 2005, dbl cab, full bed, 4x4. Love it! What brought me to this sight is, I recently had to replace right front wheel bearings (88,000 miles) and will soon replace the left. Thought it unusually early to have to replace them. Spouse drives an Avalon, son drives a Camry. A Toyota family, owning five Toyotas over many years. May replace Avalon with Prius. Look forward to future contacts.

2. Jun 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    Phuket

Phuket Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    03 4X4 TRD
    Eibach/Toytec coils, bilstein 5100's all around, Kenwood DNX7100 Navigation
    welcome to TW:cool: thats pretty crazy about your old truck and the monte carlo... definitely one of the best intro posts i've seen haha

3. Jun 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to Tacoma World.

Frank

Products Discussed in

To Top