1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Comensation for aftermarket bumper weight

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mizzac, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 2, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    mizzac

mizzac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma SR5 V6 5 Speed
    Toytech ULK, Custom light bar, 2 Hella 500 HID 6k, 2 Hella HID 3k, 2 D2 Duallys.
    So has anyone had any trouble with adding an aftermarket bumper, such as the renlentless one, to there light?
    With all that extra weight it would naturally sag it down, but how much would it?
    I have my billstiens at the highest notch(2.5 i believe) and i seem to have a good amount of room with my 33s( no rubbing at all except a tiny bit at full lock on the frame, even with mudflaps). I was thinking of building an aluminum one instead, go with 60lbs instead of a 120lb steel one.
    Anyone imput?

2. Feb 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    mikracer

mikracer Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 RC | 4x4 | 2.7 | 5 speed
    You can try having someone put their weight against the front bumper and see how much it goes down. Since you're at the highest setting on your 5100's, it might get kind of bouncy with the extra bumper weight up there. Your springs are already compressed a bit and adding that extra weight might make it susceptable to more bounce.

An aluminum bumper would be sweet, but I would imagine it would get damaged pretty easily.

3. Feb 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    mizzac

mizzac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma SR5 V6 5 Speed
    Toytech ULK, Custom light bar, 2 Hella 500 HID 6k, 2 Hella HID 3k, 2 D2 Duallys.
    Thanks man thats a great idea lol did not think of that at all.
    I think im gonna go aluminum more than likely, dont mind it getting a lil beat up, besides i dont ram it into rocks or anything. Just more for when that lone deer gets the balls to run in front of me kinda thing lol.

To Top