1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Compass Display

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by nuklzz, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Jan 14, 2022 at 7:36 AM
    nuklzz

nuklzz [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey folks, apologies for what may seem like a “duh” question, but here it goes. I have 2019 Tacoma TRD and I noticed that the compass dial stays fixed with North at the top while the needle rotates within it to show direction. Do all compasses on the Tacoma work the same way? Most compasses the dial rotates so that the direction traveling is always at the top.

2. Jan 14, 2022 at 7:54 AM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    You can change it with reading the owners manual about the process.

PilotguyPA28 and blu92in99 like this.
  3. Jan 14, 2022 at 10:20 AM
    CT Yankee

CT Yankee Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR AC AT MGM
    Only aesthetic mods so far Leer 180 cap & Clazzio covers on order.
    I had that issue when I first got my '21 TRD OR. Somehow I found the setting (in the center screen) to have the map always display my direction of travel toward the top of the screen and the compass icon would rotate to show my bearing. Tried today to figure how how to change it back to what you have and could not. Go figure. It seems that sometimes the settings are not always where you'd expect them to be.

4. Jan 27, 2022 at 2:50 PM
    gForceDude

gForceDude Well-Known Member

Member:
    I think the information that you are looking for is in post #6 in this thread:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/in-dash-compass.579593/

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    RyanDCLB likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top