1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Compatibility ?-US Spec PA15-Toy iPod adapter - 06' No AM/SAT

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bluesun05, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jan 31, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    Bluesun05

Bluesun05 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    White & ready for some mods
    Tints, Taillights, USASPEC PA15-TOY, N-FAB Nerf Steps, Wade Surefit Floormats
    I have an 06' DC Lng Bed w/ factory single CD player NO "SAT or AM/SAT" button. After doing some research I found that the US Spec PA15-Toy iPod adapter on the Crutchfield site did not require the previously mentioned buttons. Due to other adapters requiring these buttons I decided to ask one of Crutchfields techs. I was disappointed to hear from him that the adapter does require those buttons.
    Can anyone with the same systems please let me know....is this tech wrong, can I use this iPod adapter and if not which one if any can I use?
    2-8-2010
    I took a chance an ordered the PA15-TOY, installed it and it works perfectly fine. Allowing me to use the iPod via my radio and direct control from the iPod. I also get text display...artist and song.
    $127.00 Amazon.com including S&H.

2. Feb 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    There has been offered a similar device on our forum. The member selling it says he couldn't use the stereo to control his iPod. Seems like it's hit or miss.
    Sorry for digging but this is a good resource.

Products Discussed in

To Top