1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Complete Detail - New Truck

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Yota_Yoda, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Nov 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Don’t use painters tape with edge lock. It will leave a residue.

PackCon[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Nov 15, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    Yota_Yoda

Yota_Yoda [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black SR
    Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with an AIO made by Griot’s. It came in a kit with their polisher. I don’t see myself finding the time to put into a full detail right now (especially with the way the weather’s been). I’ll be satisfied with getting whatever paint correction I get from the AIO and getting a decent sealant on.

Come springtime though, I hope to do a complete compound and polish, and maybe a better sealant. If you or anyone else have opinions on the best products for this I’d be happy to hear them. I’ll definitely be open to ordering from whatever manufacturer supplies a good product as I’ll have plenty of time in advance to order.

Thanks to everyone else who gave input as well. You all have some great information for newbies.

I’ll try to post some pictures when I’m done if anyone’s interested.

20tacoma17 likes this.
  3. Nov 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    You'll get some correction of swirls with that Griots product. And it's sealant component isn't bad. I'd recommend "boosting" it with one of the aforementioned spray sealants after washes for the winter.

20tacoma17 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top