1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Compliments on your 1st Gen Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Dhawk1313, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 17, 2011 at 6:44 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    a lot, from strangers, men and women. 1st gen, ftw!

2. Feb 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    subtleshift

subtleshift Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Irvine, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma TRD
    K&N high flow filter, 2x Yakima bike mounts

I live in socal, I had a SVT focus and put the plate in the same spot as your taco...got a warning from a cop...

so I took the whole damn thing out and never had a problem since...

btw my Taco also doesnt have a front plate with 0 problems so far too

I think the plate in the wrong place is a flag that kinda pushes them to pull you over whereas if its not there at all its just not noticeable cause it looks proper.

3. Feb 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    Unknown

Unknown He who angers you conquers you

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Unknown
    Unknown
    No :(

can you guys compliment it ?
    [​IMG]

4. Feb 17, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    i was on my on a date with this chick and one guy at the movie theaters was like a just bought a colorado but damn i wish i would have gotten that shit. she was like what was that about. lol

5. Feb 17, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I got a few right when I took all my "ma" off the badges, making it a Toyota Taco. I was walking behind a kid when he passed my truck and was like "Oh I heard about this kid he took part of his badges off to make taco" So I pressed unlock and it beeped and he was all startled and turned around and was like "Sweet truck". I also saw a carload of kids taking pictures of it at a light. My neighbors seem to enjoy watching it transform too they always comment on it.

6. Feb 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    geoff06

geoff06 261k and counting

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '01 PreRunner Xcab lifted
    3" lift, Bilstein 5100/OME coilovers, rear AAL, Swiss camper shell, Rough Country 9000 rear shocks, 265/75/16 AT's on stock steel rims painted black, All-Pro 1.5"F/1.25"R wheel spacers, airbox elbow mod, Flowmaster Super 44, Davico post-cat, I took off my DIY angle iron bed/light bar!, bed wheel well shovel-mount, blacked out grill emblem, Poineer DEH-P3900 head unit, Alpine Type R front component speakers, Pioneer Coaxial rears, Dynamat in door panels, scratchbuilt aluminum holders for my ipod nano and phone, and for some reason, I painted the headlight fillers black...
    jberry, that is one saweeet taco! :thumbsup: hmm, i have had more looks than compliments. my compliments have mostly been on my front suspension and how i have well over 200k. when i lived in half moon bay, ca, there were a ton of other guys that had tacos, a few of which were nicely lifted, and they ALWAYS just stared at me as i drove by. ha, kinda funny. a few guys around here own tacos, and i generally get the same reaction, probably because i seem to be the only person around with one that's lifted and has bigger-than-stock tires. one time i was sitting @ a red light and a guy was driving his tacoma with his girlfriend in the passenger seat-- he just stared at me and leaned over after he turned the corner so he could keep staring. that was really funny

7. Feb 17, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    When she was new in 2001-lots of compliments mainly because Tacomas were still pretty fresh in the public eye-and mine was badass in black:D
    nowadays, I still get a few-mostly comments on how the frikkin thing still looks new.
    The best compliments I get on this truck, though, aren't verbal. It's when some dude in a Dodge or Chevy truck roll up on me and I catch them through the tinted rear window (they can't see me looking at them) and they're looking the truck over. When Rosie's with me she is constantly spotting someone checking this truck out as we roll. What a bonus to all the greatness this truck has-even at 10 years.
    Conekiller-let me be the first to compliment that truck; my stepson's friend had one just like yours but in dark green. Your truck is the very one that convinced and inspired me to get my own Tacoma. When Toyota came out with that truck body with those toughass lines over the fenders that did it for me. Your generation and mine stand on their own and NOBODY did that look but Toyota. Be proud:)

8. Feb 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    Ha! I have the opposite problem up here in norcal. The two tickets I got were with no front plate at all. Since relocating, no problemo. I think CHP is mixing it up just fuck with us!

Thank ya sir

9. Feb 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    mike92y

mike92y Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF ROAD
    OME all around. SPC UCA. This and that.
    had a guy at work tell me the engine will run forever but the body will rust apart.

10. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    96Taco

96Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 DBL CAB Tacoma
    Got a nice one from my buddy a couple weeks ago. He own's a 2006 chev sierra lowered. Total street truck/car guy. He said "Ever since you got your truck I've been noticing them around, and FUCK they have sexy lines to them! I want one now too!"

My personal belief is the lines on the first gen are better than the 2nd. 2nd's look like big puppy dogs :) Mind you, if I was rich enough I would own one!

11. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    Itsallgood

Itsallgood Awww, we got this!

Member:
    Midland, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2003 Xtra Cab Red V6 4X4
    Deck Plate, K&N, Grey Wire Mod, Magnaflow Dumped,Goodyear Duratracs-265/75/16,OME 3 in lift,LR Upper control arms, Wabfab sliders, homemade bed bar, 4XInnovations class 3 rear bumper, Trail-Gear low pro front bumper with Warn M8000 winch & LED turn signals
    It seems like every time we are out in the sh*t my buddies that have Jeeps are always like man that damn thing just doesn't seem to care what is in front of it, it will just keep going and it doesn't seem like it struggles at all. A couple of my more pro Jeep than anything buddies always tell me man that thing impresses the shit out of us. :D

12. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Most recent was actually on my new tires lol. Right when I went to get in to drive away from discount tire some guy says "nice tires, they must have cost you a pretty penny". I just said yeah, but totally worth it.

13. Feb 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM
    tacomabud

tacomabud Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bud
    RI
    Vehicle:
    04 Black Xtra Cab
    K&N replacement, 4" Deck plate mod, Thrush Welded muffler, 2nd Gen. TRD rims, Herculinered bed, Grey wire mod, OME lift w/ 883 coils and AAL, 265/75/16 BFG A/T, AP 1.5" wheel spacers
    I get a few compliments from friends/family every now and than. I even over heard a few people at work talking about my truck (before anyone had figured out it was mine :D)
    Most memorable so far was in Queens, NY and someone went out of their way to pull up to me at a light and say "Nice truck" and get a better look.

14. Feb 18, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    I got one on my tires today. at the car wash the guy behind me had to check them out and asked a couple questions. duratracs btw

15. Feb 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM
    tacomarotto

tacomarotto "Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    Audi S3
    i get maybe a compliment once a month from a stranger.

Products Discussed in

To Top