1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CompTIA A+ 1002 Exam questions (not finished will post again when finished.)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by CoMo Taco, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Feb 12, 2021 at 11:11 AM
    CoMo Taco

CoMo Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Judah
    Columbia, Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tacoma SR Access Cab 4x4
    Alpine stereo replacement, 6x9 Kicker front door speaker upgrade, Kicker tweeter upgrade. 6000k HID upgrade, Running boards installed, Rear seats installed, Pedal Commander, Meso Map Lights, TRD pro grille, Raptor lights, TRD Pro rims, 4600's Bilsteins, Diode Dynamics SAE Yellow Fog lights, Custom fuse box.
    I took the 1002 Exam after passing the 1001 Exam easily. I studied the same way used pressor messer and Udemy courses. I was scoring over 90% on those exams and yet I failed the exam. Say what you will, but I knew I failed had the feeling so I took out my phone and took a bad recording of the exam. I have been writing out the questions this is what I have so far. This is for anyone who wants to take it and just myself as well. I am trying to take it again next week. While I will study all my resources I am also hoping people can shed light on these questions even if they don't come up again on the exam I can learn from them.

2. Feb 23, 2021 at 8:40 PM
    trajiiic

trajiiic Well-Known Member

Member:
    Try harder. This is not the way...

You're trying to brute force your way through an exam instead of exploring and experimenting for yourself. Create a Virtualbox VM lab with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Put them on the same virtual network (file > Host Network Manager), using a simple Class A address range like 10.10.1.1/255.255.255.0 so it's easier to remember the IPs . Make them talk to each other with those commands. This is how you retain the info.

When it comes to the exam, it's always the BEST answer. For instance, the question about finding a file on a Linux file server.... 2 of those commands can easily search for a "+" but if you've used them, you would know which of the 2 I'm talking about is better.

If all of that sounded like gibberish.... save some money and practice before your next attempt. I've failed the Net+. I know it sucks.

Good luck, I hope you end up passing on your own merit.

wimb0 likes this.
  3. Sep 30, 2022 at 7:05 AM
    trajiiic

Member:
    I managed to pass the CYSA+ since I posted. I hope the OP ended up passing a retry.

4. Oct 27, 2022 at 2:53 PM
    realsystem

realsystem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stanislav
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Camper,Fox,Deaver,snorkel,lights,full skids,CBI T3,winch
    Forgive me for this but why do you need this certification? Is it just a badge for LinkedIn profile? Or a specific requirement from an employer? If second, then what area/field?

5. Oct 28, 2022 at 5:37 AM
    trajiiic

Member:
    If that was for me - I don't need a certification. I get them because they're challenging, a way to stand out from my peers, and show committed to honing my craft.

I work in cybersecurity. The CYSA+ is geared toward Incident Response and threat hunting.

6. Oct 28, 2022 at 9:29 AM
    realsystem

realsystem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stanislav
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Camper,Fox,Deaver,snorkel,lights,full skids,CBI T3,winch
    it was for all, just curious, thanks

7. Oct 28, 2022 at 9:38 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    I've taken 4 CompTIA cert tests and all of them I was certain I was bombing them, they have never filled me with the warm fuzzies. I picked up the Jason Dion and the Mike Meyers courses on Udemy along with the Jason Dion practice tests, they did a really good job of getting me ready for core 1 &2 of the A+, as well as Net+ and Sec+. I still think A+ was the hardest just because of the volume of things you needed to know, i've heard it said its a mile wide and an inch deep in terms of knowledge and I think they're correct. Sec+ seemed the easiest as it builds heavily on Net+ so it was a lot of the same material just a little deeper.

***also don't record or take photos, they are pretty aggressive in stopping tests and blocking you from taking them in the future if they find you are cheating like that, it's not worth it.

Products Discussed in

To Top