1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Conceal Carry: Situations you've been in

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Janster, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jun 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    JonJonXD

JonJonXD Active Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner SR5 V6
    Old post but worth correction. The above is false

Federal law when purchasing from an FFL is 18(long guns) 21(firearms).

State law.... In PA you don't HAVE TO purchase from an FFL. Long guns can be sold between PA residents freely if they are 18+. No paperwork needed, no FFL, nothing.

For firearms, you can bypass an FFL and use a Sheriff for transfer.
    Also transfers between parent/child, grandparent/grandchild and spouses can also transfer/buy/sell/gift with no paperwork or need for FFL.

A PA resident with a LTCF can accept possession of a firearm for a temp loan to use too

The more you know

2. Nov 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    Jareds Toyota

Jareds Toyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD Sport
    Very well said.

3. Nov 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    There was one "oh shit" moment I had. My brother had just introduced me to one of his new friends. We were over at the guys house, and the guy got pissed off for some reason. He left the room and came back in and had a shotgun in his hands and began to point it at my brother, and me not knowing this guy, I put my glock about 6 inches from his heart. I told him to give the firearm to me, wich I handed to my brother, who unloaded the round in the chamber. then took all ammo and threw it in the other room. Then left his house. My brother told me it was the most serious He ever had seen me. (we both were in the army, both combat vets)

4. Nov 24, 2012 at 3:02 AM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    That shit's crazy!! IMO I would never go to that house ever again unless your brother was there and in trouble.

5. Nov 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    :eek:

6. Nov 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
    I had a situation me and a buddy were walking down an alley here in northern colorado and we got 2 houses away from my buddy's and 3 mexicans jumped out of the bushes and blocked are path then the lead mexican pulled a knife and said give me all your shit. I calmly said ok let me get my wallet I acted as I was getting my wallet unknown to the mexicans I was packing my kimber ultra carry .45 I drawed down on the guy with the knife and I said give me all your shit to whitch he complied must have been a dope dealer b/c I took 345.00 from him than I continued to hold them at gun point and sent my buddy to his house to get zipties he returned with plenty so we zip tied all 3 of them and after a lil episode of teaching them to never robb anyone again I called the cops all three were arrested and found guilty when the cops came the Sgt asked me why I didn't shoot him as I was well in my rights to do so I told him as soon as I pulled my weapon he droped the knife. so futher violence was not needed as per the rules of force

7. Nov 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

a guy i went k-12 did something similar to what that guy did...except he actually pulled the trigger. i hadnt seen Jason in years and i was talking to another classmate and it came up in our convo that he had been tried and convicted of murder. his dad is a deputy with the sheriffs office and had given him the shotgun. Jason got wasted and blew a man away after they got into an argument

http://mikeweaver.org/justice.htm

8. Nov 24, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Well, he should have gotten the Death Penalty

9. Nov 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    I ran into the guy a few weeks later. The dud was in his VA Nasty Girl uniform. Apparently he had deployed to Iraq as well as an MP. Dude tried to say he was just playing. I told him that in order save ourselfs from any other bullshit, just dont ever come within 30 feet of me again. And he came to a party I was at, saw me, and started shaking (like he was scared) and left. Havent seen him in a year now.

10. Nov 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    I hate to say this because I wasnt there, and depending on the how I felt about the situation, I may have just let him have it. You FUCK with my family, you made the worst mistake of your life, because it could very well be your last. I dont care if you threaten me, but my fam is something completely different. And with him already having a violent crimanal conviction in his background, it would have seriousely made me think

11. Nov 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    michael roberts

michael roberts Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    07,4x4, white, AC.
    powder coated hood support.
    Not a concealed situation, but years ago I was staying at my elderly late mothers house and I was up late watching the tonight show and she was sleeping on the couch, my lab was in the garage. As i was sitting there, someone tried to open the locked patio door right accross the room from me, i walked into the bedroom and got my sig 9mm and sat back down. Then they went to the bedroom and tried to open it, it was locked. i followed down the hall to the back bedroom witch i knew was open. But they never tried it, i heard them hop the fence and they were gone.

12. Dec 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
  13. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Old thread,, But looks like the place for this::Stopped at a 7-11 Sun. after noon. As I got in line there was a man about 35 or so with a little boy about 2 or 3 paying for stuff, started to leave and the cashier said what about the boys gum. Guess the kid picked up and unwrapped 1 bubble gum. The man looked a the boy and slapped the gum out of the kids hand and screamed What the Fuck are you doing. I found the hair on the back of my neck coming up. The dad paid for the gum and went outside. He was parked right at the door and as they get to the car he slapped the boy in the back of the head hard . That was it for me I screamed at everyone in line someone call 911 and started for the door..Opened the door and asked the dad what is wrong with you?? He turned his rage on me.. As he came for me he said stay out of this or Ill slap you ,,,, BINGO ,, Hand went for the 9MM And as it came out he stopped. Cashier was in my face saying you are both on video,, and pushed me back in the store and the bully made a quick exit. I wanted to get his tag # but he backed all the way to the street and was gone. I looked at the folks in line and asked how could you look the other way and not say something to that asshole??? I had to go to the other store by my house for cigarettes.... Jim

14. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Child abuse is far too common. Good for you for taking a stand for that child's well being

15. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    damn. i can see disaplenting the kid but not like that. maybe wait till you got home or something.

also imo so what if you on video. hope it has audio tho, so they can hear the guy saying he was going to hit you as well.

16. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Get some, Jim! :infantry:

17. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Good for you to stick up for the munchkin since he couldn't defend himself. :rant: I hate people like that :mad:

18. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Mike ,,, Over 22 years with the CWP and never pulled it till Sun. ..He was about two of me & half my age,,, one more step And I hope he had 6 pals to carry him to his hole..12 rounds were all his. Still feel bad for the lil kid , what will he grow up to be?? Jim

19. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    river rat 69

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    Hate is not the word Sue,,, They go like this--- You :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:... I think you get it:)

20. Dec 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Wondering how often that kid gets a beating. :(

Products Discussed in

To Top