1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Conceal Carry: Situations you've been in

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Janster, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jan 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

why yes you should be allowed to carry that...if you can afford to do so...at the time of the framing of the US free Englishmen owned weapons and disarmament was a big reason for the war for independence besides the oppressive taxes...in the war citizens furnished their own cannons and ships for the war effort that would be no different just a newer technology.

You have the right to "keep arms of every description" in the US we are Citizens and not subjects that owe allegiance to your Queen in Britian...
    British Prime Minister William Pitt

just like you have the right to bear arms guaranteed in the Magna Carta so do we because we follow the same English Common law system till the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The Right to arms was further enumerated in the Bill of Rights and the majority of the several States also contain the rights in their state constitutions...the only point of Government is to protect civil rights and the right of self defense is one of these civil rights the govt is supposed to protect. this is what my state said about the right
    http://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/nunnvstate.htm

Nunn Vs State of Georgia

2. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Do you shoot or own a firearm yourself?

Chances are - if you shoot or own a firearm, you'd understand.

Yes - a lot of people are hell-bent passionate about owning and carrying firearms. Nothing wrong with that, as long as they're owning/carrying safely and responsibly. YES - some folks are hell bent on 'testing' the laws by pushing their own limits just to prove a point.

However - there are a lot more people out there who own firearms, shoot them, and carry them....but do it silently (so to speak). They own/shoot for their own benefits and reasons of enjoyment or fullfillment. Again, nothing wrong with that as long as its done safely and responsibly.

3. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    Glad to see I was able to stir the pot a little, so the south fought the north because of taxes and they wouldn't let you carry your muskets/6 shooters. The Canadian government is based on an English system so we pay higher taxes, so what, we have a lot of social services that are FREE to all including Health Care, but I'm sure there are some things that are better in the States, Cheap cars and oil....etc, so to keep from any more unarmed ;) Hijack of this post I'll rest my case, all I wanted to do was to make people think, is it really that necessary to carry a weapon??

If I was to carry a weapon it wouldn't be the one with Replica written down the side, it'll be the one with Desert Eagle .50 written on it!!!

4. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod

Yes I have fired both Rifles and shot guns and I've been hunting as well and I still don't understand the need to "Pack"

5. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    Thank you, I will, it's called the Canadian border which in 1812 we defended quite well against the yanks, thanks!

6. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    My wife carries and she is a Canadian citizen (dual citizenship).

7. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    And what's that supposed to mean? first of all you yourself turned the thread to shit, I just wanted you to see another point of view, its you who is taking offense to a different ideology.....just saying

Well you did and it didn't!

8. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod

Is that because you wanted her to? My buddy has English and Canadian citizenship but he has never lived in England, He's always been living in Canada so you're wife's citizenship is irrelevant!

9. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    yes and one day i will throw a Coup for the burning of the White House :p

and the war i was referring to was the war for independence not the war of northern aggression....

i seriously doubt you would carry a DE50 not for long at least they are heavy...im continually buying lighter and lighter guns because of this...carrying one for 8-12 hours on your person will quickly change your mind

your so called FREE system is not so...the funds are stolen at the barrel of a gun by your govt in the form of taxation and redistributed to other people that is tyranny of the majority...and also Democracy in action which is nothing more than Mob Rule...in the US we are supposed to be a Republic which means the Majority is restrained by the Rule of Law

Great Video\/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE

10. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Is it really necessary to have insurance on your car or to pay your taxes to cover the "free" health care and other "free" services up there?? Cause it's pretty rare that you have an accident or need health care right?? So you can save a few bucks by not paying for those things...until you need them..and then you'll wish you had them...cause there is NO take backs and no do overs.

I'd rather carry my pistol everyday from now until I die of old age or alcohol poisoning or whatever than not carry a pistol until the day I die because someone else had a gun or knife and I couldn't do anything about it. It's as easy as "Wallet, Cell Phone, Sunglasses, Pistol-Got 'em" and I'm out the door with peace of mind.

11. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Thanks for the tip

Thanks Jandy

12. Jan 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    I rolled up on a domestic dispute in the street one night...was carrying but didn't have to draw cause there were no weapons that I observed when I rolled up and the guy was completely compliant when I told him to get off of the girl...(I'm 6' 245lbs)...Didn't need to pull it, but before I had a chance to figure out I didn't need it, it was nice to know I had it on me...

13. Jan 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Interesting take and one you don't hear much. . . . . .

As the Supreme Court hears arguments for and against the Chicago, IL Gun Ban,I offer you another stellar example of a letter (written by a Marine)that places the proper perspective on what a gun means to a civilized society.

Read this eloquent and profound letter and pay close attention to the last paragraph of the letter....

"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument,or force me to do your bidding under threat of force.Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman
    on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on
    equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender,
    not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason,
    only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced.

14. Jan 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    One of the women who works at the same school I do - had her throat slashed by three punks who broke into her house. Thank god she didn't die, but if she had had a gun, the odds would have been more in her favor.

I hope I never have to shoot anybody, but come through my bed room door uninvited and all bets are off.

15. Jan 7, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    niit_train

niit_train Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    WV
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    No mods, just extra accessories. Realtree bug shield, vent visors, and a custom Realtree Hunter 4X4 Bully

I understand you saying that you would ruffle some feathers. I live in WV, and there is a town in the southern part of the state where it is not uncommon to see people carrying in the open walking down a main street. The crime rate in that town is very minimal. If everyone in a town, whether it be large or small, had a gun, who would try to rob them, beat them, etc. In my opinion, that may be why the crime rate is so low there.

After I posted and read some replies about Digb, I remembered a bumper sticker I saw the other day:

Trust your Government, ask an Indian.

NT

NT

16. Jan 7, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Very nice. I am going to steal this.

17. Jan 8, 2011 at 4:05 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    I'm not going to jump on the Canadian vs. American argument here, but I want to share some insight I have in mind when I carry. My weapon system is a tool, its as valuable to me as the flashlight and knife I also carry. It is my primary go-to and my last resort. I don't carry for self defense, I consider my safety second to protecting my family and to a larger extent the general public. I am former ( and soon to reenlist) military and I swore an oath to protect this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic and that oath is one I take seriously and will carry until the day I meet my Maker. Have you ever read the excerpt "On wolves, sheep and Sheepdogs" by Dave Grossman? Its invaluable in explaining the point of view that many of us have and the responsabilty we take when we carry. In the words of the boy scouts, Be Prepared. I cannot imagine going through life thinking "If only" and wondering how an outcome would have changed had I been carrying. I love this country for what it is and the ideals that many of us share, many are finding, and many disagree with. Our collective zietgiest has violence in it and that violent streak and how it is used is on two sides of the same coin.

18. Jan 8, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
  19. Jan 8, 2011 at 4:43 AM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
  20. Jan 8, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    ^^Just read the thread! Holy Shit man! I am so glad I have my CCW. I tend to not carry as much as I should, but I think this just hit me too closely for that to happen any more. Thanks for posting this!

Products Discussed in

To Top