1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

concealed carry liscense; why not under "full faith and credit"

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by crazyengineer, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Sep 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

but yet i have a florida ccw and cant carry in SC because of a stupid residency requirement...they are looking for plaintiffs right now to hopefully stop SC from not giving equal protection to non residents....(you can only get a permit in SC if you dont live there if you own property there)

2. Sep 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    this is an extremely ignorant statement...

3. Sep 11, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    You are correct, improper word selection in that sentence. Point remaining, I'm glad the states have the ability to determine what is appropriate for their own people than having over reaching cononstraints that are applicable to all states.

4. Sep 11, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Ignorant how? Inconsiderate adjectives for those from other areas of the country; Sure, I can conceed that not everyone from California is a hippie and everyone from north of dixie is a fairie.

But, I will not conceed that everyone from Chicago or NY or SF has the same perspective of what is appropriate as far as gun ownership as I do. I would not trust the opinions of represenitives from another part of the country that has shown a more restrictive on gun rights than those from a represenitive that I voted for here in the state of Texas in regards to what is allowable for me to use to protect myself. But, let's not pretend like I think everything out of Texas is righ either. I'm saying I'm more likely to agree with what is deemed acceptable here rather than other places. Its a big part of why I live here and not elsewhere.

5. Sep 11, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    you are generalizing states based on cities... that is where the ignorance comes in... upstate NYers (country folk) have been fighting against gun laws for years. look at VT ME NH MI AK MT WY what if the whole state of texas was generalized as houston or downtown dallas... that would be like saying people from texas are gangster and hoodlums and all those toothless redneck KKK members of the pan handle... I dont want them dictating gun laws either

Houston is rated one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the US...

guns dont always lower crime rates...

but they dont raise them either

6. Sep 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    All good points. I still stand by the comment that I'd rather have locally elected officials from Texas decide what is permissable here rather than those from other areas of the country that have shown a propensity for being anti-gun ownership.

7. Sep 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

my civil rights are non negotiable regardless of the state i might be standing in at the time....

8. Sep 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    These statements are false.

Your "humanity" does not afford you anything other than the opportunity to breathe air, eat, sleep, procreate, communicate, defecate, make decisions and function in the manners generally associated with mammalian existence on the planet Earth, or those imitable of other specie.

You do not get to pop out of the womb and automatically receive the right to keep and bear arms. This right is afforded to you by the Constitution of the United States of America, written by men slightly over 200 years ago based upon a moral societal majority of the time. This much is demonstrable by traveling OUTSIDE the USA, where your so-called "inherent human rights" may no longer be afforded in accordance to those here.

That being said, the Constitution also affords the States the rights and abilities regulate themselves accordingly, so long as those regulations to not contradict those of the Constitution. Meaning that so long as said States afford you the right to keep and bear arms, you are subject to the laws and regulations of that State.

So, in review:

Humanity --> Right to exist

Constitution --> Right to keep and bear arms

States --> Right to regulate their own laws and regulations as afforded by the Constitution

9. Sep 11, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

You have absolutely no idea how our system of government is setup do you? Other countries infringe/violate on the rights of their citizens it doesnt mean their rights magically disappear....

heres a good place to start to understand government in the US its about 8 hours long so i dont recommend watching it all in one sitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nOMbfsgZ9s&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL8A1521C99D6ED8CE

10. Sep 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I'm pretty sure I understand the government and political structure in the United States better than many, many people. I also understand the government and political structure of quite a few other nations around the world. Want a surprise? They differ!

"Rights" is a term invented by man. The only "right" a human being has is the option to remain living as long as it is able, procreate (as long as physiologically allowed) and make decisions for itself.

You quoted some words written by a man/men. Big fucking deal. That's like someone saying I have the right to a pink unicorn. In this life you have the right to whatever physical ability, mental acumen, common sense and technical skill afford you, and that's about it. Words have repeatedly and will continue to fail those who put their stock in them. Just look at our legal system.

11. Sep 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    ...except Blacks & women. And Jews. And hispanics. And the Irish. And gays. And Muslims and the poor and the mentally ill...by a being who may or may not exist...

So you'll excuse the fuck out of me if I don't put the ultimate faith in the words that were written by the Founding Fathers as infallible or open to correction with the passage of time.

12. Sep 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

you do realize jefferson tried to end slavery with the declaration of independence right?? it all comes with time, but it wouldnt have been possible to have it ratified by explicitly stating it... also just because a right isnt written down doesnt mean it doesnt exist...the right to bear arms has been around since man picked up the first rock to protect himself from another

13. Sep 11, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    I dont know of any state that will stop you from carrying a rock in your pocket...or on your hip openly

:)

14. Sep 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    ATriplett513

ATriplett513 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Dbl Cb, 4x4, 4.0L, 6-speed
    Man, this makes me love AZ. I open carry at 19 and can concealed carry at 21 without a permit of any kind.

15. Sep 11, 2011 at 6:11 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    GA did....anything that could be used as a weapon was illegal to conceal...and you couldnt carry a rock to a public gathering which could be anywhere a cop decided in GA...but thankfully GA repealed its 140 year old racist public gathering clause thanks to www.GeorgiaCarry.Org the NRA actually lobbied against repealing that law :confused: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/nra-at-odds-with-gun-law-reform-georgia

16. Sep 12, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    That's not a right, that's an ability.

Products Discussed in

To Top