1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Condensation under rubber floor mats

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tjsingle26, May 28, 2014.

1. May 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    Tjsingle26

Tjsingle26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4
    Hey guys!

So today I noticed that under the drivers and passengers floor mats in my truck that there was some condensation. Now I have looked around and have seen things from clogged AC drainage pipes to leaks in the windshield. I have narrowed my problem down to this, what would have an equal amount of condensation build up under both mats?

There are no signs of leaking coolant or anything of that sort, its just water. I do however live in Maryland, and lately it has been around 80% humidity and lots of thunderstorms. What I planned on doing was leaving the rubber mats out for a couple of days and putting cloth mats down and seeing if those mats get damp. I believe however that the high humidity is causing condensation to build up below my mats. My AC drainage pipe works properly, and most of the forums I have seen show that when the drain pipe is blocked that the passenger side will develop water underneath them.

Lastly, I noticed this on the way home from work, and pulled the rubber mats to allow them to dry out. After going to the gym and seeing how the floor felt, it felt much drier then before thus leading me to believe its just the mats..

Opinions please?

Thanks, Tom

2. May 28, 2014 at 7:32 PM
    Andy.G

Andy.G Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx 4x4 2.7 5 speed
    Started automatic. Swapped to manual
    Were you running ac on foot area before parking. If they got really cold and then truck got hot with windows up, possibility. I live in humid va. and leave windows cracked always spring to fall. Visors on windows a must.

3. May 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    I had this on the passenger side only and it was because of the AC condensation drain was clogged. I stuck a pipe cleaner in there and it drained out quickly.

It also happened a 2nd time but this time it was due to the weather stripping on the inside of the passenger door being off a little. After hooking up the weatherstripping back in its place the wet floor boards were gone again.

I'd recommend checking both weather striping and AC drain.

4. May 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM
    Tjsingle26

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4
    I only really run the AC when I'm driving to work in traffic, yeah, I think that has to be it because I also park in a underground parking garage in Baltimore that is humid as all hell. I usually have the air coming from just the vents. I think just combination of the humidity and running the AC is causing it.

5. May 28, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    Tjsingle26

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4
    My weatherstripping is all good, but I will have to check the AC drain too, what is the approximate location of it?

6. May 29, 2014 at 12:28 AM
    kckrawford

kckrawford Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Longview, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Ltd. TRD 4x4
    I had a problem with getting water under my driver side floormat. Turned out the rubber boot on the driver side firewall where all the wires run into the cab had a small tear in it. Anytime i had water run down the windshield it dripped onto the wires and into the cab running down the wall under the carpet. I put some silicone on it and fixed the problem right up. Might be something to check.

7. May 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM
    53wick

53wick Well-Known Member

Member:
    kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2014 accesscab prerunner
    check the floor mats , I had some all weather floor mats, rubber , and they spit after 2 years of use.

Products Discussed in

To Top