1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Confused about 2010 Suspension TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by punkassprettyboy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    punkassprettyboy

punkassprettyboy [OP] President

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5 v6 4.0 trd SPORT
    tints, led interior lights, debadged, security system w/ auto start, 2 800w 10" woofers, rain guards and tow package so far.....
    first off..i dont know too much about autos, im an environmental engineer lol. i have a 2010 ac sb 4.0 sr5v6 auto trd SPORT with 4k miles and tow package. i read about this whole suspension tsb on tacomaworld, and i realized a leaf spring was completely missing. also noticed a yellow sticker inside door which says load capacity reduced by 2 kg or 4 lbs. dont know what all these numbers on the leaves mean but they read (driver side) 48220-04190-klh and 100609..(passenger) 48210-04550-krh and 110609. can someone please clarify if my suspension is ABLE to be restored through the tsb? i dont usually haul crazy amounts of weight, and never bottomed it out (yet), but i like the idea of a heavier duty vehicle for towing/hauling. do i stand a chance if i make an appointment with the service dept. at my stealership?:confused: thnx for the input!

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    ekard

ekard Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC SB 4X4 OR
    TRD Exhaust, Bilstein 5100's, Eibach coils, TSB Leaf pack, Toyota Bed Mat and D-Rings, Dakine Tailgate Pad, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech Floormats, PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16, SCS F5 wheels
    Yellow sticker has nothing to do with the rear springs. It means you have some sort of accessory/option and they've subtracted it's weight from your total capacity. And 4 lbs is nothing anyway.

You still qualify for the TSB if you can find a dealership that is easy to work with. Some dealerships want you to prove that you haul heavy loads and actually bottom out. Other dealerships will take your word and do the spring swap without asking questions.

You should be able to find out if they'll do it simply by calling and talking to a service manager.

I just got my truck and haven't used it for any super heavy loads yet, but I ride dirt bikes and know that I'll have two of them plus gear plus a passanger soon so I made sure to have the TSB done. My dealership asked a couple questions, but otherwise did the service without too much trouble.

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    punkassprettyboy

punkassprettyboy [OP] President

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 sr5 v6 4.0 trd SPORT
    tints, led interior lights, debadged, security system w/ auto start, 2 800w 10" woofers, rain guards and tow package so far.....
    would it make a difference it my truck was an access cab as opposed to your double cab? like i said im not too familiar with vehicles nonetheless a toyota tsb lol

4. Jan 21, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    The TSB addresses the rear suspension on both the access cab and double cab.

To Top