1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

confused in florida

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by k9cop, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Apr 5, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    k9cop

k9cop [OP] if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Hey all, I am new to the site and suffering from information overload. First of all, I am gathering that the billy 5100 lift is the best bang for your buck. I am a little confused however, partially due to the fact that I am a mechanical idiot. I am going to stay away from spacers but it sounds like they are a necessary evil. I want tot get a true 3" lift (or as close as possible). I was looking at the billy adj. lift kit w/ 5100 shocks. I think it retails for 650$ on toytec. Is that overkill? Would the billy adj. shocks give me the lift I want? The kit seems pretty complete for a 3" lift all the way around and somewhat level. I am looking for advise to get the best lift without overspending on stuff I don't need. My ultimate goal is for bigger tires, wheels etc. I had a body lift on an old truck and never really liked it. Oh yeah here id the big thing. How will this affect my warranty????

2. Apr 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The bilstein 5100's will give you up to 2.5" of lift. If you want a full 3", you can add a thin top-plate spacer for around $20.

You can get all four 5100 shocks from DownSouthMotorsports for $300, and you can get an add-a-leaf for the rear for under $100.

3. Apr 5, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    This will get you a little closer to 3 inches.

Keep in mind when you do get a full 3 inches new upper control arms are highly recommended.

4. Apr 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed

good point. thank you

5. Apr 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    I will check it out thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top