1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Connecticut Dealers (Fairfield County)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zippster, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Jul 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM
    zippster

zippster [OP] Member

Member:
    I'm in the market for a new Tacoma. I'd like to test drive one and was wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with any of these dealers: A1 Toyota, Toyota of Wallingford, Colonial Toyota, Toyota of Westport. Thanks

2. Mar 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    santas212

santas212 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 dblcab long bed, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate.

I went to Greentree up in danbury, probably a ways out of your way, especially for service, my sister got her ravioli through stamford, i think she was pleased with them as well.

I don't think you can go too wrong with any of the ones you've listed, especially for a test drive. when your ready to buy pit them against eachother and tell them that your calling other dealers to get the best price. i did that and mine was $500 over invoice.

3. Mar 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    I only have experience at one of the 3 youre asking about, but Toyota of westport is good for service. Avoid greenwich and stamford for service unless youre getting trd stuff installed as their trd tech Jared is awesome and thorough. I shopped everywhere back in '10 and the best price i found was at prestige in ramsey nj. They were a full 1k less than stamford even tho i had bought my other truck from the same salesman 2 years earlier.

4. Mar 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    rodney

rodney Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 silva sky AC SR5 V6 4x4- Last of the 2nd gen...
    245/75-16 Duratracs & WeatherTech rain deflectors- This one is staying stock...
    definately shop around. i usually end up driving a couple hundred miles for my vehicles, but i pay on average 5% or more under invoice.

5. Mar 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    MarMel

MarMel Active Member

Member:
    I have my Taco TX-Pro on order from A-1 Toyota for seven weeks now, not exactly impressive pricing nor knowledge but they are close by and descent. Colonial T. was a buch of sharks for a long time, when I went there with my wife, we walked the lot and the showroom for quite some time with nobody approaching us, which seemed weird, once I spoke with a salesrep I found the "fixed pricing" to be too high plus they add some crap automatically to their cars which I did not want to buy.
    Toyota of Wallingford seemed to be good, and had a nice selection of cars. Westbrook T. were the only people that refused to give me pricing on the telephone.

To Top