1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Considering iPhone Need Help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by CUtigerfan, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Jun 29, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    YES you have to wait. and they say it's a 24 month contract. but it's really just a 20 month. yeah i know not much difference.(some people don't know that) (and if i was you id wait for Iphone 5 if you can) when i got my 16G a little griffin case and 3 screen protecters it was a total of $255.34. thats with tax and all. i have 71songs,12 videos,93 photos, 15 APPS, almost 200 numbers. some stuff in "notes" and i sill have 14G space left. yeah i know i don't have a lot on it.

2. Jun 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    Thanks for the advice. I've got over 5G of music so I was just wondering if I would regret the 16G. Probably won't put any videos on it but I didn't know how much space apps took up. My 8G touch is almost full.

3. Jun 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    NP! and apps don’t really take up much i don’t think. SOME may but i don’t think most apps do. and the videos i have are ones i have taken of people doing stuff and me doing thing i maybe should not be doing. lol. i take my ipod classic just about every wear in the truck so i don’t need all 800+ songs on my iphone.

4. Jun 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    As far as waiting, Verizon is going to end the unlimited data plans beginning July 7th. If you think you'll be using a lot of data (e.g. streaming music or video) you might want to jump on the bandwagon before it goes away. They're going to a similar plan that AT&T offers. Usually, once you have the unlimited plan, you can be grandfathered in for subsequent phones, but once it's gone, you're out of luck. Current unlimited is $30 I believe. After July 7th, $30 will only get you 2GB of data.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/21/verizon-unlimited-data-plan_n_881091.html

5. Jul 10, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    CUtigerfan

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    Just to update you guys I got my iphone last tuesday and love it so far. I had planned on ordering an Otterbox Defender Series Case after I bought it. I guess I should've done some research before I bought the white one because come to find out it interferes with the proximity sensor on the white model. The guy at Verizon talked me into buying a screen protector and case while I was there. Right now I have the Incipio Silicrylic Hard Shell Case With Silicone Core http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-iPhone-4-SILICRYLIC-Hard-Shell-Case-with-Silicone-Core.asp

I'm considering buying the Commuter Series Otterbox http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-Commuter-Series-Case/APL4-I4XXX,default,pd.html
    but it doesn't look like it would offer much more protection. What do you guys who have the Otterbox think?

6. Jul 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    Reaper10

Reaper10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Billstein 5100's all around, ToyTec coilovers up front, ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the rear with TSB leaf springs, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, XD Revolvers in Black wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG TA/KOs, AFE Pro Dry S Airfilter, Pioneer AVIC-X920BT in-dash NAVI, Devil Horns by Andres, 14 inch shorty antenna
    I have the otterbox commuter on my iPhone 4. I've had it since I got the phone. I've tried and returned a bunch of cases and the commuter is the best I've used so far. It provides pretty good protection but obviously not as much as the defender. It slides in and out of the picker real well and doesn't interfere with the camera. I'd definitely recommend it. I've had a few drops with it and my phone isn't damaged at all. Get it from Amazon though. Much cheaper.

7. Jul 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    i have just got a commuter on my iphone, it seems extremely tough, and i like it a lot,
    it seems to be built a lot better than the last one i had

oh, i snapped my incipio from the thin corner latch

8. Jul 10, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    CUtigerfan

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Anybody heard of Trident Cases? they make a case called the Kraken II that looks tough but their site doesn't say anything about compatibility with the white iPhone. I might email their customer service about compatibility but the cutout for the proximity sensor looks small so I doubt it will be any different than the Otterbox Defender
    http://www.tridentcase.com/product_51_72.html

Edit: Also looking at the Ion CarbonShield since it looks like it will really protect the screen but the flip part might get annoying after a while
    http://www.ion-factory.com/CarbonShield.php

9. Jul 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    CUtigerfan

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Alright guys I found a few more cases. I really like the Speck ToughShell and what I'm leaning toward most but I'm worried it will have the same proximity sensor problems the Otterbox has. http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/verizon-iphone-4-cases/toughshell-iphone-4-case.html
    They make another case called the ToughSkin that I'm sure would fit b/c it doesn't cover the front but I would rather have the ToughShell. http://www.speckproducts.com/toughskin-for-iphone-4-black.html

Anybody have any experience with these or the Speck Brand?

10. Jul 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I have a Speck case for my 3GS , it's been great so far

11. Jul 10, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    Large Farva

Large Farva Does this look like spit to you?

Member:
    First Name:
    Who's Barry Badrinath?
    Smyrna, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD Sport
    Black Bully Step Bars, Black Bull Bar, Black tailight guards, Flowmaster Duals, K&N CAI, Redline Hoodstruts, EZ Down Tailgate assist, TRD Skid Plate, SOCK Monkey Decals, Metal Miller Front Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, Blu Logic Bluetooth, YAKIMA Bike Racks, Tinted Windows, RockyMount Bike Racks, TRD Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna, Homer Taco's Satoshi, Wet Oaklies, Baja Roof Cargo Rack Future: Spindle Lift w/ 285's
    iphone w/ otterbox. The end.

12. Jul 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I really like my Speck Candyshell. Rubber inside, hard plastic outside.

13. Jul 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    CUtigerfan

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Just to update in case someone else is wondering the Speck ToughShell will fit the white iphone. I talked to someone in customer service today and he also gave me a discount code good for 20% I guess I could share... PM if interested

Products Discussed in

To Top