1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

converting Sport Model to A-TRAC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by viperstd, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    jackrules

jackrules Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport LB
    is there an extra foot mod i can do for my bed?

thats why i bought a sport!

and, what is a-trac

2. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Make it stop :crapstorm:

3. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  4. Dec 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    viperstd

viperstd [OP] Tacoma convert

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
    Wow. Where is my fodder-pult?

I can't let this die so easily. I spend 10 days out of the country, and this is the best you all can do?! This should have been 19 pages of insults and misinformation by now!

5. Dec 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I am more than willing to donate towards this cause.

6. Dec 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    viperstd

viperstd [OP] Tacoma convert

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD SR5 DC LB
    AllPro Front and Rear trail armor & full skid plates, Demello Hybrid Rock Crushers, Old Man Emu suspension, Warn 8000# winch, PIAA SMR fogs, perforated + heated leather seats, in-dash DVD/NAV/Sound, RE subs
  7. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab Long Bed, TRD Sport
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff

holy fuck, do you ever shut up??

I have no gussets on my sliders and I can jack one whole side of my truck up from the very end of one of my sliders. They don't bend, they don't break. If all pro's have guessets that's great and in my experience totally unnecessary.

Why do you feel the need to complain about the shape of the gussets they used?? If you don't like it don't buy it and shut the fuck up already!

8. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff
    sorry, but every other post from him is bashing all pro over trivial stuff, and I'm frankly sick of reading it.

It's one thing if it's in a thread about all pro, but it had NOTHING to do with this conversation.

P.S. I've been a member here longer than you, so :p

9. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    And you bumped a thread that hadn't been posted in for 4 months to respond to the post you quoted ?

10. Apr 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, after reading the 1000th post from him bitching about how he doesn't like the way all pro builds stuff it finally pushed me over the edge.

As you can see I don't post much. The fact that he's drawn a reaction out of me should probably tell you something...

11. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:01 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    Not at all, the only All Pro gear on my truck is the front bumper and their exped leaf pack.

I love the leaf pack, the bumper... it's ok, I'd go relentless next time.

I'm really not a fan of some of their gear. The difference with me is that I simply don't buy it, I don't post endlessly about how much I hate it in completely unrelated threads

12. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    "feasibility study"

Anything is possible. And I do so applaude your efforts. Love that everyone is scrambling around trying to tell you no.
    Anything is possible
    :popcorn:

13. Apr 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Typical Douchebag Flyers fan

14. Apr 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I love how there are several people in the thread saying it's not worth it. I'm not sure how they can say that seeing that their trucks don't have it and they have probably never been off road while driving a vehicle equipped with it. I have A-Trac in mine an LOVE it.

It’s definitely no substitute for a locker but it serves a purpose and does a very good job of it.

Good luck with this project I'm sure a lot of people would be interested if you can work out the bugs.

15. Apr 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Oh balls

16. Apr 21, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    First of all, what personal attack? It's not like I said you don't have a life as you intimated was the case with me. I said I wish you would stop posting the same bullshit over and over in every thread you participate in. On the contrary, I'd say it's you who's tossing personal insults around. Whatever, I have my big boy pants on, I can take it.

I didn't take a picture when I jacked the truck up on the end of one slider, but I'm absolutely sure it was touching the pinch weld. Big deal, no serious damage done. I didn't say that my sliders won't flex, I said they didn't bend or break, and really the flex was surprisingly minimal. And sorry, I too have better things to do than to run outside and jack up my truck and take pictures to post on the internet just to satisfy your curiosity. Maybe later this weekend if I have time...

Negative rep you? Please, like I care what your status is on this forum. You are right that this was probably not the right venue in which to criticize your posting habits, I just find that reading the same shit over and over from you can be a bit exasperating and I'd finally had enough. For what it's worth, you're welcome to get the last word here and if I really feel the need to respond I will take it to private message, but frankly I don't think I care enough.

You may really know your shit, you may be a really great guy, but your incessant posting about "here we go again" all over this forum negatively impacts the quality of this forum for me, and I can only assume other people. Keep your constructive feedback where it belongs, dial down the vitriol and I think everyone will be happy.

As for my bumper, at the time it was arguably my best choice, shrockworks was too heavy for my liking, arb actually decreases your clearance, and I wanted plate not tube. If relentless was an option back then I would have gone for it. It's alright, I'm not losing sleep over it or anything. It's still a good bumper and will hopefully serve me for a long time to come.

What I don't like about it is the sectional design (which seemed advantageous when ordering, but now I'm not as sure), and the fact that the wings are not as well supported as I would like (which is at least in part sue to it being sectional). Oh, and the powder coating on mine left something to be desired, so I have since had it coated with Tyro (like line-x but arguably better). Really, I'm not sure that powder coating is ever the right choice with something that has so many sharp edges.

Anyway, I won't participate any further in this discussion in this thread.

What I will say is that I'm going to do the yellow wire mod tonight and hopefully have a chance to see the results when I go for a trail run this Saturday.

Products Discussed in

To Top