1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Convincing Wife You Need Firearms

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by jeremy_283, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    Whats the best reasons you can come up with to tell your wife you need more firearms?

2. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    :notsure: protection?

3. Apr 6, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    firearms or more firearms

just in general, use the protections argument

more firearms, use the investment argument (ie: a civilian legal full auto Thompson is like 35-40k right now if I remember correctly, and that price is increase every day).

Now, if she doesn't like ro trust the government, you tell her the more you have the more people can help you protect the country against the government

4. Apr 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    01TacoBuz

01TacoBuz Well-Known Member

Member:
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    K&N drop in filter, URD rear simulator, Deck plate mod/home made CAI, No rear cat, MagnaFlow muffler
    Dont just concentrate on you needing more firearms, she needs to know the importance of her needing them as well

Tell her to look and see how many and how close she lives to registered sex offenders

Here is a link that will show you your area, who they are and where they live

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

5. Apr 6, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Good advice. I would also start printing out news articles from your local papers, and even those of Springfield and St. Louis of any home invasions, break-ins, assaults (especially attacks on women). Also, any articles showing how a crime was prevented or interrupted, or even lives saved by law abiding gun owners. Pile them up and lay them out for her as if you were making a case in court. She'll get the point. What is her hang-up anyway?

My wife had reservations when we were dating--even know she was in the military as well--but after her first trip to the range w/me she was hooked. Now, she is an incredibly confident and accurate shooter. In my experience, women who pick up a gun and shoot it tend to enjoy the feeling of power, control, and self-protection. Good luck.

Let me add, if you do get her to the range, the key is to find a gun both of you enjoy shooting... if you get something solely you can handle, she will not be inclined to have it in the house. She needs to be as confident with it as a defensive weapon as you do. Hell, let her pick it out. Once she gets used to it in the house, maybe she will agree to you having your own guns. Baby steps.

6. Apr 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    Nope, not much around us. After exploring I did find in a nearby town where I delivered a guy some scrap wood I had (cleanup from home project) that he is a sex offender. I actually had myself in a bad position too. It was a rundown workshop out of town and he shut the garage door behind me once I backed my truck up in there to unload. I still remember being kind of weary of the situation and identifying the exits when he did that. All the more reason for CCW :(.

7. Apr 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I'm not married. I don't have to convince anyone I need firearms. I just go get the firearms.

It's nice like that.

8. Apr 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    My wife and I both carry daily... except for when I have to go on a military installation or to my kids schools, I carry. Peace of mind in this crazy world where nutjobs and those desperate in this poor economy show up unexpectedly. I'd rather have it and not need it than wish I had it when I needed it. My family's safety comes first--always.

9. Apr 6, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Amen, and the girls I date loves/don't mind guns.

10. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    Take her shooting. Start small, no kick and kind of quiet. .22 is best. If you can shoot not on a range, take some targets that are reactive. Empty cans, or full cans. Something thats fun to hit. Paper is great but it's boring unless you have a goal. Get her to have fun. Also when you do go, make it just the 2 of you. She might get intimidated if theres a bunch of ppl.
    On edit to answer your question. Protection, show her stories of ppl using them for good, and stories that turned out bad becausd the victim wasnt armed and prepared. once you get on board though you have to explain that if things go bad and she has to use her weapon, its not going to be easy.
    Mindset first, then skillset, then toolset.

11. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    Just sit down and watch the 11 o' clock news.

12. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    angrysam

angrysam Huh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Somebody's Shit List
    Vehicle:
    2.9 Gen- Not a cunt.
    Fleshlight and an old Farrah Fawcett poster.
    Echoing above---

Take her to the range and rent a few. Start her with something small and work her up if/when she gets more comfortable. Making sure she is using the weapon correctly will be on you so make sure you're up on correct stance, grip, operation, etc. If you jump into a bigger firearm right away she might get spooked and your quest will be done right then and there.

My SIL is not into guns or any weapon for that matter. I walked her through my .44 mag at the cabin 1 weekend as she was showing interest in it. I wouldn't have picked a .44 mag for her 1st handgun use but she was insistent. She fell in love instantly and now my BIL owns one as a result. She'll also shoot my Rem 597 until she can't see straight.

13. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    SuperTacoma

SuperTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Silver
    My wife liked them after shooting the 44 MAG we have. She shot a dead log and it blow it into little pieces. First words out of her mouth was I like that one.

14. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    BARTRD

BARTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Monroe, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '07 RR TRD Sport
    Volant CAI with optional skoop, Magna-Flow exhaust, K&N drop-in air filter, WeatherTechs, Wet Okole, kenwood navigation head unit, de-badged, 15% tint all around, factory roof rack fitted with Thule fairing, billy 5100 on all 4 corners, ICON AAL, n-fab light bar with 4 hella 500s, rear lights mounted under bumper
  15. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Call me a wet blanket if you want. But it sounds like you already have at least two. I assert you DON'T "need" more firearms.

Collect as many as you "want" as a hobbyist and collector.

But if money's tight and you've already got two, your money's probably better spent on other necessities.

16. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    LIKE AMMO?

[​IMG]

17. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Chuckle. :)

18. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    for me, it isnt just firearms..it is everything. race car parts, hunting gear, etc.

i solved the argument by saving the money up for it, outside of our regular budget. believe it or not, i put myself on a MAD MONEY allowance. several hundred a month i get to spend on any silly whim. she says nothing about any purchase from that mad money..if it is a big ticket item, i save up a few month and buy it..i love my wife, and i am not about to jeopardize our financial future buying things that are not necessary, but simply "wants". i dont charge a single "want" and my wife is happy. turns out, buy the time i save up the $$ i sometimes dont even want the thing anymore.

19. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None of my purchases ever jeopardize us financially. We have financial goals and as long as those are met we can spend the other money.

20. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Lgs79

Lgs79 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Bay Point, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 DC SB
    Tell ur wife is for her. So that when she catches u cheating, she'll blast u.

Products Discussed in

To Top