1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cooking Steak

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Polymerhead, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Dec 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    Brodie

Brodie Gear Jammer

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Magnetic Gray Double Cab
    Thanks it was! :)

2. Dec 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    W Bishop

W Bishop Stupid should be painful!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stone
    South Fulton Tn
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4X4 Reg Cab
    ToyTec coil over kit, Sliver Coils, Bilstein 5100 front & rear, Light Racing SPC UCA. Painted to match Coils, OEM Tacoma 4 leaf pack, Undercover, AFE Pro Dry air filter, Painted grill surround, FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels, Rubber bed mat, fog lights and sliders.
    ^^^^^ What he said.

3. Jan 1, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Cooked another strip tonight. Thought I'd add salt as some have recommended. This one had been wrapped for 5 days in the fridge, with no dry time. Pulled it out an hour ahead of time, dried it off and salted liberally. After an hour it was soaking wet on the surface. I dried it and cooked to medium rare, finishing with pan butter and chèvre as before.

I was surprised that it actually had a better crust & softer texture than the previous steak. This may have been due to the salt, but it may have also been due to the fact that it had 3 more days on the fridge to age, or perhaps because the pan was used now and not brand new. I'll continue to experiment. I think I'll go back to my butcher for a whole strip loin for testing material! :)

97C6A76E-4AC7-4BB2-924B-2F344D9833C4-180_2bbaa3b3f4c74fa80842d5210309653419491385.jpg

4. Jan 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Ribeye just has too much fat for me...
    Porterhouse....
    Dry rub, warm to room temp, super hot sear, then cook as needed by feel to medium... Rest....

Cut with NON SERRATED blade, and enjoy with sauteed mushrooms.

I hate hate hate serrated knives.... I want it sliced, not torn..... Hence I own 1 serrated blade for bread, all others are high carbon steel non serrated.

5. Jan 2, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    Did somebody say steak?! My usual prep is a little oil then rubbed with kosher or sea salt, pepper and whatever I feel in the mood for. I like to use Mrs. Dash, yes Mrs Dash. Adds good flavor without adding any more salt. I usually let that sit in the fridge for an hour or so then pull it out about an hour before cooking. I'm a huge fan of pan-seared steak, I think it has better flavor. If not then there is nothing better than a grilled steak on a nice summer night. Here's some pics from the collection....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jan 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    SR52012

SR52012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Port Richey (Tampa Area)
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco Pre-Runner SR5 3" procomp lift
    3" Procomp lift level kit N-FAB step sides
    I like to cook my thicker steaks by covering them on all sides with salt to where you cant see the steak anymore... depending on the size (1in think leave for about 30-45 min) then rinse with water and let come to room temp then grill.... best freaking steak i ever made... works with other cuts to and its not salty!!! O ya on the grill lol

7. Jan 18, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    I do all the same, take the steak out hours before grilling,salt and pepper etc (I have been using Himalayan Sea Salt which is very good). If I am grilling them on the propane grill I like to add a couple pieces of real wood to get some smoke flavor. Don't really have to worry about that if I am doing the steaks on the smoker.

Products Discussed in

To Top