1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

coolant and few other ?'s

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by heshdog, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    heshdog

heshdog [OP] skating, music

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma Pre-runner TRD 2x4
    just opened the hood today after driving for a bit and the reservoir is almost bone dry..I did not notice a leak and the oil looks fine..Should i just add some distilled water to the reservoir or is it ok to drive like this? It's heating up in DC..what to do?

also my tires are beat up from the lady driving along side the curb..I can some white from the inside of the tire..Do these need to be replaced?

also my rear passenger tire seems to be wearing along the inside tread? why is this is?? it's only that one tire..However when i had them rotated they just put it from the front to the back??
    alignment issue? The truck does not seem to pull..

my stock bedliner came out? like flew out..Do they sell replacements? all i have beaen able to find in bed mats??
    Should i just go with Line-X?

thanks for any and all help..

2. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    just opened the hood today after driving for a bit and the reservoir is almost bone dry..I did not notice a leak and the oil looks fine..Should i just add some distilled water to the reservoir or is it ok to drive like this? It's heating up in DC..what to do?
    I would top it off and try to find out if it's leaking. Have you did the timing belt yet it might be your water pump leaking and your not seeing it because it evaporating before it has time to drip.

also my tires are beat up from the lady driving along side the curb..I can some white from the inside of the tire..Do these need to be replaced?
    If the side will is damaged i would replace the tire.

also my rear passenger tire seems to be wearing along the inside tread? why is this is?? it's only that one tire..However when i had them rotated they just put it from the front to the back??
    alignment issue? The truck does not seem to pull..
    It's most likely your front out of alignment I would get it checked.

my stock bedliner came out? like flew out..Do they sell replacements? all i have beaen able to find in bed mats??
    Should i just go with Line-X?
    If you were closer Id give you mine I just pulled mine out to install Line-X. For a little more then the cost of a drop in you could do a roll on bed liner.

thanks for any and all help..

3. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    RideFast

RideFast on the flats.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Well mabe consider buying some new (toyota) coolant and changing out your coolent or just add fresh coolant to the resevor. I herd that coolant turns acidic after some time, not sure if thats true?
    If your tires are worn through the black sidewall you should replace them, get some yokohama geolander ats, they have 3 ply side walls, and last forever and are quiet on the road. After you get your tires go to a GOOD alignment shop and get an alignment. Your camber might be slightly off causing uneven tire wear.

Linex will cost you over $400 a bed liner will cost your $50. I have a deezee bed mat and its great!

Good Luck!

4. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    heshdog

heshdog [OP] skating, music

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma Pre-runner TRD 2x4
    i just had the coolant flushed about 3months ago..so i'll just add water..looks like I'm dropping some cash in the coming weeks...liner, wheels..damn..

no timing belt done..I'm at 110,00 miles..had the truck since 02 and it's an 01 tacoma pre-runner trd off road. 2x4

To Top