1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

coolant leak

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by BlazeTaco, Mar 5, 2011.

1. BlazeTaco

BlazeTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    4.0l 6sp SR5
    TRD Exhaust TRD Filter
    I have a leak with my radiator overflow line. I was just wonder if anyone else has this problem. It seems when it sits for a while it weeps and suck air. the line is full when the engine is warm and no air buble. I have an arrow pointing to the leak.

DSCN0128b.jpg

2. TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    I think there should be a clamp on that hose. Replace the hose and put two small clamps on it.

3. joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Mine leaks at the hose. Has since I got the truck. I put a ziptie on it and pulled tight. Still leaks at that hose. Might have to get a clamp for it. Starting to bug me that the coolant level drops.

Have an 09 Taco at work that leaks so bad at that hose there is a pile of deposits around it from all the chemicals in the coolant.

WTF were they thinking? Seems like they could have fixed that between 06 and 09? Guess that belongs on the same list with a bunch of other stuff on the 2nd gens.

4. John3

John3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red 2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    OME 884X Coil Springs, CS047 Dakar Leaf Springs, 90000 Nitrocharger Sport Front Shocks and N182 Nitrocharger Rear Shocks, Light Racing UCAs, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Leer 100XQ Cap, 3/4" Plywood Carpeted Bed Platform, Thule Rack System w/4 Rocky Mounts PitchFork bike mounts, Pop & Lock PL5300, rcbs204 4x4 Illuminated Switch Mod, Dome Light Mod, Fog Light Mod, FLYZEYE Designs TCMA-0511 V2W LED Light, Go Rhino Dominator II SideSteps, HitchSafe, Console Vault, Fumoto F-103N Oil Drain Valve
  5. skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Remove the hose, clean the hose, inspect the hose, reattch with a hose clamp. If it still leaks, take it to the dealer. It's under warranty, right?

To Top