1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cooper AT3s advice

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Teleost, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jun 19, 2017 at 2:54 PM
    Teleost

Teleost [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Blue TRD Sport 4x4
    Hi all,

My stock dunlops are on their way out and I need to get new tires, at least before winter. I have a 2014 TRD sport with stock suspension. I've been trudging through threads and tire reviews and so far the Cooper AT3s are top of my list. But I was hoping to get some insight from others since I'm a bit of a truck noob.

So I do mostly highway/street driving, but occasionally drive on beach sand. I also need something that performs well in the snow being in the northeast. Can anyone comment on how the Cooper AT3s are on sand? From what I've read they seem like a good all-around tire and decent in snow but haven't found much about sand performance.

Also, what load rating should I pick? From what I understand, C rated are 6 ply and a little beefier and longer lasting than the P rated. I don't do anything too crazy. Occasionally haul smaller boats. But I still want something that will last and hold up well. Would the C rated have trouble floating on sand?Any advice here would be awesome!

As far as tire size, I was thinking about changing from the stock 265/65r17 size to 265/70r17. Would also like to get some new black or gunmetal grey wheels to go with them. Any major differences I should expect with this size? Benefits? What size wheel would you guys recommend? It's impossible to find anything in the stock 17x7.5.

Thanks!

2. Jun 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM
    RigginsTaco

RigginsTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Vehicle:
    Boring taco with mods
    Stuff...
    I have coopers at3 on my truck and swapped them for nitto terra graps and it made a huge difference in the snow. Never going back to nitto terras. But they ride quiet on the rode and do good in the snow. As of the sand, I don't live near a beach so couldn't tell ya. Check eBay for prices they are good

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM
    lyodbraun

lyodbraun Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 TRD Sport
    Nothing yet
    I had set before I got the ST Maxx, they were good, wife's highlander has them and this set sucks balls, they are noisy as hell and been rotated every oil change, thinking I'll be taking them back to Cooper for a different pair hopefully.. but the AT/3 is a good tire works great in the rain and decent in snow...and has a good tread warranty .. if ya live where it snows decently then the AT/w is another good choice..

4. Jun 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM
    taco03Trd

taco03Trd 03 rig trd v6

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Riverside ca
    Vehicle:
    03 DC prerunner trd v6 2wd
    Ome 881 5100's jba's looking for more
    I was looking at the cooper at /3 for my 01 prerunner 2wd . I see good reviews

Products Discussed in

To Top