1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cop Car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ClemsonTacoma, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Oct 8, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    How many of y'all have ridden in the back of a cop car? Tell us your stories!

-I rode in one when my buddy wrecked his truck and my lacrosse coach (police officer) gave us rides home:cool:

2. Oct 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    I used to ride in the back as an Explorer all the time. Never had to on the bad guy side of things though...

3. Oct 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    My Uncles were Deputies....I rode in their vehicles a few times.

4. Oct 8, 2009 at 11:59 AM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    x2 It seemed like it was made for an elf. my foot wouldn't even fit sideways

5. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I've been lucky in that all of my run ins with police never ended up with me being put in the back of a cop car. A good attitude goes a long way with the police in my area.

6. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:06 PM
    monoman

monoman Time to get dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Exotic, San Jose, Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Sky Tacoma SR Access Cab 4X4
    SnugTop SuperSport shell CaliRaisedLED light bar Toyo Open Country AT/3's Bilstein 5100's up front, (#2) & 4600 in rear Daily driver....
    Not too long ago. Got a ride in one because the cops found my sons car down the street. It got stolen & I guess the thing stalled out, so they left it right there in the middle of an intersection. :rolleyes: They gave me a ride to get the car. I managed to get it to start, & I drove it it home.

7. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i got hauled off for public disorderly conduct. extremely uncomfortable when your hands are cuffed behind you and you're leaning back against them. i had marks on my wrists for a few days.

8. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    racing from 1 city to another, got caught, car impounded lost my license and 4 of us in the back of the squad car... ugh... lesson learned though!

9. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    been in the paddy-wagon a few times, patrol car once. neither are comfortable and i hope it never happens again. ive learned my lesson and am (trying) to change my ways.

10. Oct 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    My flight instructor was a cop in San Jose and I got to ride in the back a few times when he would give me a ride back to my dorms. It made me look really badass getting out haha

11. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    3 buddies that i worked with at a motorcycle shop and I all had tricked out little honda xr50's that would go 40-45mph and were a bit loud right? so we get the bright idea of doin some city ridin on them one summer night. it starts off fine, rode down some busy streets, went through a drive through, then decided to head to a local college here in dayton. we go in the main entrance and hit a little trail through some woods and at the end of the trail we see a campus cop on the other side of the parking lot at the end of this trail so everyone shuts their bikes off. well on mine, i didnt have a kill switch anymore so i had to shut it off with the choke. we wait a few minutes until the cop drive around the other side of the building then make a dash for it. well i forgot to turn my damn choke off after shutting down so it wouldn't start and here are all my friends taking off and im not familiar with this place at all! i finally figure it out and get my bike started, and my friends are nowhere to be seen. so i creep out and ride along the edge of the parking lot which is next to some woods. not long after i get into the parking lot i see a cop on the opposite side of the lot, so i haul ass over to the woods and go down a hill hoping he didnt see me. well it didnt help that i had on a white shirt and light colored khakis and it was dark out. so im down in the woods and i hear a car coming. well it stops right where i was and then here come the damn cop "Come on up here boy." so i drag my bike up the hill and lay it by the curb and he frisks me. while frisking me he was like "have any weopons on you, knifes, gerendaes, rocket launchers?" I was like are you serious. "can never be too careful" he says. then he puts me in the back seat and is drilling with questions. the main one was where did we all ride from cause i guess they saw us from the get go. and with me not knowing the area at all i just told him from my buddies house. he was like "bullshit you know where u came from no tell me." so i told him, "from my buddies house, i dont even know the name of the street i just know how to get there!" so he was like "alright, how much does that bike weigh?" i said i dont know 60lbs? he gets out pops his trunk, lifts my bike and sets in his trunk. i didnt tell him to turn the gas off since it was laying on its side, oops :D. in the mean time i guess some cops found my one of my friends and the others bikes in a big bush. 2 my friends went into a dorm right next to this bush. i guess while the cop was talking to my friend, the other two look out the hall window on the second floor and my friend looks up at them, which kinda gave them away too. they couldn't find any open dorm rooms because it was summer break. so the cops had us all. in the end, the cops ended up riding a couple bikes around the parking lot and just told us call someone to come pick us up! so all in all i was in the back of the cop car for probably only 25 minutes. we got lucky we didnt get some dick head cops that would impound all our bikes and put us in jail or something. so, it was worth it!

12. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    ^ haha the cops just wanted to ride your bikes

13. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Doing a ride along I had to ride in the back so the dui subject could ride up front. Never been in trouble though.

14. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    I was taken home in the back of a cop car twice. Once when I was 13 for terrorizing a local festival and smoking underage. The next time I was 16 and got caught drinking on the golf course, after curfew. My dad answered the door (it was 5am) pretty much naked :facepalm:, and when the cop came in the house the living room was full of boxes my parents had gotten from the liquor store because we were moving my room. My poor parents. :devil:

15. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    Being caught outside at 12:01..
    It was after curfew and it was back when I was 14... :D

16. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    what is a curfew? never had one where I grew up

17. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    really? Curfew is a time when everyone under 18 has to be inside.

18. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Not in the back!!! :) My uncle (who I was named after), used to be a police commissioner in a Connecticut city and I did something stupid and he thought he would be funny and handcuffed me and locked me in a city cell - I was about 10. Pretty funny!

19. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  20. Oct 8, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    blackhawke88

Member: