1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cop comes to my house...

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by Supra TT, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2012 at 5:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    Yeah-Totally make the guys job harder-That'll surely fix it.

Or maybe ask him where the info about who lives at the OPs address came from and try to get it changed/fix it?? Talk to him/his supervisor and try to be helpful without trying to "fight back"

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    bjhn83

bjhn83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 DCSB Grandpa Shell
    3" Toytec lift, 285/75/16 BFG AT KO's on Pro Comp 7089's, Yellow fog lights, Satoshi
    Yea telling an officer to GTFO is about the best idea I've seen yet. Following him home? Even better! :smack:
    Because if you havn't done anything wrong then harrasing the officer when he is off duty is a great idea. I'll look for you on next weeks episode of 'Cops'.

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    jmhirshorn

jmhirshorn Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Evans, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau, URD TCAI, Flowmaster DBX Hushpower Cat Back, URD MAF Recalibrator
    Even if you're innocent, talking to the police can get you in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

4. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    Shack

Shack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Chester, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Bilstein 5100-Front (1.75"), Pop N' Lock Tailgate, Rear Leaf TSB MR. Marv custom box and amp rack, JL 13TW-5, Memphis Audio Amps and Door Speaker, JVC DVD DD HU, Wet Okole, Weathertech Mats, Bed Mat
    People saying "if you get any visits at 3am, just lay on the floor" is pretty unsettling. Sorry but I dont care who you are, you come to my house at 3 am to "visit" something bad is going to happen. I am not a criminal and have no reason not to think that my home was being invaded by people wanting to do harm to my family. I will defend myself. Probably wouldnt end up in my favor, most likely Id be dead, but not without a fight. Sad state the country is in when in is engrained in people mentality to "lay on the floor" when someone home invades you in the middle of the night. Sheep. OP, take the advice and go in person to the local law enforcement office and speak to a supervisor.

5. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    bjhn83

bjhn83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    3" Toytec lift, 285/75/16 BFG AT KO's on Pro Comp 7089's, Yellow fog lights, Satoshi
    I'm pretty sure the "lay on the floor" was meant to reflect a police raid arresting OP for some type of warrant (correct me if I'm wrong and I hope this is not the case)

If the people coming at 3 AM are not in fact police officers then by all means protect yourself. But it would not be a good idea to get this mixed up and get into a confrontation with the police at your house at 3 AM.
    I hope this is pretty common sense...:notsure:

6. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    12DblCab

12DblCab I don't know what to write here

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport "Pyrite Mica"
    Someone cant take a joke.

7. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Door busts open and all you hear is the feet from several armed men charging at you at 3 AM, lay on the floor is the worst advise I would think. If it puts you at ease to hear one of them say "Police department, lay on the floor" then by all means, but what stops the assailants from saying it too ? I always keep several loaded firearms within 10 foot or so of my bed just in case.

But to help the OP, it sounds like an officer is harassing you, maybe from you two bumping heads when he was off duty at a bar? Maybe you slept with his wife / girlfriend? Do you have any children that interact with his children (that you know of)? There are too many variables.

8. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Haha...a little info. Eric doesnt drink, or go to bars, or have kids, or have sex with anyone :p

9. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    bjhn83

bjhn83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Columbia, MO
    Vehicle:
    Good point, just better figure out damn quick if the guy you are sighting in on is a cop or punk.
    It's just scary to think that the people that are supposed to protect us are only human and hold grudges just like the rest of us.

10. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:05 AM
    NwiTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    That I wouldnt know about. If he swings that way it would be news to me.

11. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    coylifut

coylifut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tk
    portland or
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DBC LB
    Weather Techs, Wet Okoles
    I had a similar situation. I bought a house from the bank in July of 2009. The previous owner was a home developer who went BK and was a defendant in multiple suits. Cop shows up at my door and addresses me in the previous owners name. "No I'm not him." Who are you he asks? I politely tell him I'm the new owner of the house. "I bought it from the bank a year earlier." He leaves. He comes back two days later and this time asks me If I'm the guy he's looking for again. I ask him if he has a copy of the previous owners driver's license. You know, were it shows he's looking for a 70 year old guy who's 6'4 and about 280 pounds? He declines to answer me and leaves.

He comes back on a Sat. around 7 am as me and a pal are loading the mountain bikes into the back of my truck. We'd talked about my interaction with the cop earlier in the week. My friend is also my lawyer with 25 years of experience. I greet that cop and ask him if he'd found the previous owner. Cop says no and that he's not yet convinced the doesn't live here anymore. My lawyer tells him to check with the post office to see where he's forwarded his mail to. Didn't see the cop again. Lawyer friend spends the next hour explaining to me why no one should ever to talk to the police under any circumstances. Reminded me of the video above.

12. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    Shack

Shack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Chester, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Bilstein 5100-Front (1.75"), Pop N' Lock Tailgate, Rear Leaf TSB MR. Marv custom box and amp rack, JL 13TW-5, Memphis Audio Amps and Door Speaker, JVC DVD DD HU, Wet Okole, Weathertech Mats, Bed Mat
    As another has said, how do you know who it is busting down your door? Oh thats right because everyone always identifies themselves before they raid your home. Not trying to start anything, but critical thinking is as valuable as common sense.

Also, sorry I dont think the police officer was "joking". I think he was giving perfectly reasonable advice from the perspective of the LE team who is doing the raid. I just think it is porr advice from a private citizens perspective.

13. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 LUXURY YEAR
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    I think next time he knocks you should say without opening the door, "you'll never take me alive copper!"

14. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    jjew18

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    Oh, and then set off some black cats.

15. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    NwiTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    +1 to you sir!

16. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    jeff b

jeff b Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jb
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4
    Get a box of Dunkin Doughnuts and see how long you can get him to hang out. Think McLovin!

17. Jul 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    jjew18

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    Haha, Curt is in the upper Tacoma World panel!

18. Jul 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    jjew18

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    I might have to sig this one.

Noname.jpg

19. Jul 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    stowayman

stowayman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Monterey, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD O/R - Debadged
    Kenwood DNX9980HD Nav - BT - Sirius - backup camera, Weathertech digifits, maglite mod, 14" billet antenna
    I'd want to find out why a police officer keeps coming to my house obviously looking for someone you don't know :confused:

20. Jul 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    jjew18

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    Simple, they have listed your address at some point and their current whereabouts are unknown.

To Top