1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cop kicks guy in the head

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by petersharp, May 14, 2009.

1. May 15, 2009 at 5:50 AM
    Austin Taco

Austin Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pflugerville, TX
    Vehicle:
    08, TRD Sport, double cab, long bed
    LMFAO!!! That's f-ing hilarious!

2. May 15, 2009 at 6:03 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    I'm glad you understand. :)

I never said he doesnt deserve to go to jail.

3. May 15, 2009 at 6:07 AM
    Austin Taco

Member:
    Pflugerville, TX
    Vehicle:
    More "what ifs".
    The guy isn't a child rapist or murderer.
    "El Monte police say Rodriguez is an El Monte Flores gang member who has been in and out of prison for violence- and narcotics-related crimes since 2006.
    Rodriguez, who uses the street names “Richie Boy” and “Turtle,” was convicted in March 2006 of misdemeanor possession of a switchblade and sentenced to 20 days in jail and three years' probation, say police and prosecutors.
    A month later, in April 2006, he was convicted of felony eluding and fleeing from police officers and stealing a car and was sentenced to 16 months in state prison. Records show he again was convicted, in May 2007, of possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine — and sentenced to 16 months in state prison."

4. May 15, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Beleive it or not- He may not because of that cops actions. There is a reason for all the policy, procedure, and training that restrict cops. Shit like that kick gets cases thrown out as "remedy" and THEN the scumbag sues and gets money. Complete and udder bullshit- BUT it's what happens.

5. May 15, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    im sure you've negatively affected someones life at some point.. does that mean you deserve nothing?

6. May 15, 2009 at 6:14 AM
    Austin Taco

Member:
    Pflugerville, TX
    Vehicle:
    And I agree with you 110%! This F-er should NEVER be allowed on the streets adn shoul dNEVER get a single penny for what's he's done, or what's happened to him.
    I was simply trying to point out the "what if" scenarios can get out of control and take away from the reported facts.

What if the guy was Santa Claus?
    What if the guy slept with the officers wife and has a bigger d--k?
    What if the guy was homosexual and made a pass at the officer the night before?

7. May 15, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    Austin Taco

Member:
    Pflugerville, TX
    Vehicle:
    That is somewhat/partially true.
    However, since he's violated parole he'll go to jail. If it was just a chase without all the other circumstances he probably would not go to jail.

8. May 15, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5

very.

internet_serious_business_3de45f0941facc885f7d6e46f13ba364d4525815.jpg

9. May 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    But this video opens the bigger question- Has this cops done this before?? What if this wasn't a violent offender who was violating parole?? Would he still have been kicked in the head?

It was a bad call on the cops part cause the situation was dynamic- make a bad choice like that and insted of a gangbanger it was a local politican or someone famous- It's instantly a huge deal about police brutality etc etc... (Just so it's clear- I'm pro cop- the good cops who follow policy and don't expect a break or favors for being a cop)

This cop isn't one of the cops I like.

And Rud the comment about "You've negativey affected someone life" may be some of the stupidest shit I've ever read. NO-I haven't ever assulted anyone or produced/distro'd drugs (I'll bet SS hasn't either). And I've paid restitution for pulling my sisters hair and calling people names...I even had a candy bar taken away when I flipped off the sunday school coordinator when she nearly hit me with her car while I was riding my bike.

10. May 15, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yes. The Cop, unfortunatly, was out of line. Because of these bleeding heart people that think these scum bags have "Rights". Like I said..Criminals, as far as Im concerned, should loose thier rights as soon as the crime is committed.

Reading some of the responses it seems that some people think that Law Enforcement Officers are robots. They are people too. They have emotion. For the general population, we do a job, take breaks, screw around online, whatever. At the end of the day, we go home. There isnt much that can happen during the day to affect our liveing thru it. Sure you can get hit by a bus, hit by a meteor, etc, but the odds are against it.
    The Police have their lives in jeapordy as part of the job, and at the point they start their patrol. They do a job in which they are hit, spit on, peed on, thrown up on, cused at, and critiqued by the puplic for every time that one bad guy gets kicked in the head because he was a dickhead criminal and could have killed inocents, and the cop that caught him had an emotional out burst. I stand by my idea, that the cops should be able to do this without reprocutions. If you break the law, I would like to see the PD able to do WHATEVER they need to to catch you while keeping themselves safe. If criminals had to keep it in the back of their mind that if they are caught, an ass kicking is looming on the horizon, perhaps they will re think doing the crime.

11. May 15, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    Austin Taco

Member:
    Pflugerville, TX
    Vehicle:
    You are correct....has the cop done this before?

But what's important is keeping the issues separate.
    1. The guy was on parole and violated his parole.
    2. The guy was kicked for evading arrest.
    3. Does the cop have a history of this?

1. The guy violated his parole. He will go back to jail for doing so.
    2. The guy was kicked for evading arrest. He can file a civil suit against the officer and department for this offense.
    3. If this isn't the first time for the cop he may be suspended or fired from the department.

12. May 15, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    mnerren

mnerren 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    The COP should have known better to do it on camera, he deserved it, but the COP wasn't smart enough to wait until he was off camera.

13. May 15, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    the only thing i see wrong is that it was taped

14. May 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    WRONG- He should know better than to do it at all. There was no reason for it. You wanna get pepper sprayed or punched in the face for your next speeding ticket or out tail light?? Cause what is stopping the officer who pulls you over from doing that??

15. May 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    X2

16. May 15, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I'm usually on the side of the police, but fuck that cop. There's no way that was necessary.

I don't think the crook should get rich suing, but that jackass cop should lose his job or get stuck behind a desk. They have to hold themselves to a higher standard than that. That guy acts like a street thug w/ a badge.

IT DOESN'T MATTER what the guy did. The job of the police is to protect the public and to arrest people like that guy. Kicking people in the head accomplishes neither of those goals.

17. May 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    the guy was already on the ground surrendering when he was kicked.

18. May 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    They should just knock a day off his sentence...I think that's a fair trade.

19. May 15, 2009 at 6:44 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    exactly!

20. May 15, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    I dont care. hes a peice of shit criminal.

Products Discussed in

To Top