1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"COPS" is disgusting...

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by KalamaKid, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Central Point OR (gangsta town)
    same shit as everyone else
    Long story short, the fiancée has some how developed an addiction to the show "COPS" and it seems to be on some cable channel at any given time. I'm not one to watch much TV so over the last few months if nothing else is on she finds an episode to watch. After viewing this crap enough I've come to the conclusion it's just plane disgusting. It makes LEO's look bad. REALLY BAD. All they do is fuck with poor people. Mostly traffic stops on people that look like they could hardly afford the gas to start their car. I don't understand how a department could let these camera crews come in an film this crap. After some reading I found out my local county is very much against filming this show but Portland seems to be on every other episode. I brought this point up at work today and everyone thought I was crazy. Am I the only one who thinks this is disgusting? :confused:

Right now I'm watching an episode of cops selling $10 bags of weed to people outside a 7-11. Practically forcing themselves on people as they leave the store. If someone buys the weed they get tackled, face slammed into the ground and cuffed. All over a $10 bag a weed the fucking cop pushed ever so hard on these people. WHAT CRIME ARE THEY PREVENTING?!?!? This shit pisses me off. Rant over. :)

2. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    It's Bread & Circus... nothing more.

Frank

3. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    It's a joke.

4. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    DueToThe802

DueToThe802 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    There's always been differences of treatment each class receives. The socioeconomic problems are both with the laws in place, and how the police handle thier job. Poor people are usually more likely to be pulled over or something. But the show does provide evidence of some of the big problems of the law and lawman. I saw one where they were selling crack to users. Just poor users. And they'd haul em off. They acted very proud. id have preferred them arrest a trafficker or higher tier dealer. I do not envy an officers job.

5. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    It is crap like most shows. If you want fresh crap MTV has a new show about a rapper that has 11 children with 10 women. So the hot wet poop keeps coming.

6. Jan 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    it's all crap...i watch it for entertainment value every now and again but I also know that it's not a documentary on how to be a good cop

Many shows often ride and film stuff and will occasionally pay a dirtbag to act like an ass...or take off running or some crap...

7. Jan 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    KalamaKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    I don't understand how your vehicle becomes property of the county when you purchase a hooker or $10 bag of weed from an undercover group of dudes literally standing in the middle of the street. Every person they sell to gets a statement of "your vehicle is property of bla bla and everything in it is seized". How does that work?

8. Jan 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    Probably just doing it for show

It cost quite a bit to seize stuff usually so I'd be surprised if they seized every car they stopped

9. Jan 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    I was not saying the cops are crap. I think they put up with a BS all day and that's not easy.
    I watched the show when it first came out but after dealing with people like that for years its not fun to watch anymore.
    I like watching the old James Bond movies and other old shows. I guess im living in the past.:)

10. Jan 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    I love watching Cops. Is it a fair representation of what a police officers job is, and how they should handle themselves? No. Do I care? No.

Police Women of Dallas is another great show.

11. Jan 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Warren AFB, WY Originally: Spartanburg, SC
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    I miss 80's "COPS" not sure what they show today but I'm sure there's no where near the about of lip fuzz present.

12. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    I can't believe what goes on in restaurants. I watch that show restaurant impossible. gross...

13. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    x2

14. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Never fuck with someone who prepares your food.

15. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    haha x2 .

16. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    ain't dat the truth

17. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC LB TRD Zombie Response Team
    Black Satoshi Grill, Blacked Out Head Lights & Fog lights, Tint, Vent Visors, Shaved Emblems, Oil Catch Can, Ipod Hookup to Stock Head Unit, Sony Speakers, TRD Seat Covers, Xtra D-Rings and Other Small Things.... Lift and more to come
    wish more people thought that way.... im a bartender/server

i miss reno911. that show was the best

18. Jan 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    Joe D

Joe D Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Oxford, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Nautical Blue 4Runner Limited 4x4 Model 8668
    "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

This is a basic of the 5th amendment. Groups have unsuccessfully argued confiscating property even used while committing a crime still warrants just compensation (if not more for punitive reasons). Theory being the government is going to use the property they confiscate or sell it and the funds would be for government use...either way it still private to public transfer without compensation.

It's just as the term "shall not be infringed" in the 2nd amendment has been twisted as has the rest of the 5th (and 4th IMO)....2nd, 4th & 5th being the most abused. It's interpretation for convenience being done usually in a knee jerk or feel good reaction...a violation nonetheless.

Don't worry once the second amendment rights are gone (either out right or through limits by legislation) the so called do gooders will have free run over the rest of our "rights" without worry of recourse. Let those that call my (our) way of thinking as the "tinfoil" hat crew run amok. But perhaps they should learn to read and interpret the Constitution first. There are revision provisions and those should otherwise be used as opposed to some of what we are seeing if that's the direction our country wants to go (and I certainly hope it isn't).

19. Jan 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    KalamaKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    They at least need to get the old crew back together for some kind of special or reunion episode. It was too good of a show to just fall off the map. 7 seasons wasn't enough and that movie they made was kind of a letdown.

20. Jan 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    TS1980

TS1980 Glocking Tall

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Ram 1500 5.7L
    I used to watch Cops all the time before I became one. Now...never. No interest at all.

To Top