1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Corbin's Build- Brunes Tacoma Work

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Brunes, Sep 27, 2008.

1. May 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The Box
    [​IMG]
    The Strip Show:
    [​IMG]
    Lil More:
    [​IMG]
    End of the Box:
    [​IMG]
    OH MY THESE ARE NICE:
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Wheelers OffRoad on hooking these up- Next Box should be the rest of the stuff for my lift!!

2. May 6, 2009 at 11:29 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    wooo its so exciting taking them outa the box. there so shiny and new! I love new parts

3. May 6, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    as asked in the other thread about the zerks, get your 1/4" (i think) open end wrench and press down on the zerk with your thumb while turning them tighter being careful not to cross thread. with mine I could feel the zerk want to catch the thread it just needed a little pressure to help it along

4. May 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I took less pictures of opening the rest of the gear that I ordered- and I'm going to bed....so they'll be up some time tmrw...but the front shocks, coils, 3 pack AAL, and brake lines all showed up.
    Sadly- I realized when I finalized the order I zoned out and missed that the N182's were not on it- SOOO...I already sent Jason an e-mail to get that fixed ASAP.

Photos to follow in the AM...Lift to happen SOON!!

5. May 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    So after I got that box earlier this month- and realized that I didn't order rear shocks...I did some hunting and found a good deal from TRDParts4U.com. Ordered last week and they arrived today.

So with that...I have my full set up.

Front: 885's with OME Shocks and TC UCAs and stainless brake lines (Thanks to AlaskaFlyer for the top plates and Wheelers offroad for the deal on the UCAs and the rest of the parts!!)
    [​IMG]

Rear: Wheelers 3 Pack AAL with Custom painted (I don't like the yellow color- so I shot some black over it...No sweat) OME shocks and extended rear brake lines.
    [​IMG]

The whole set up:
    [​IMG]

Now I just need to get it on the truck....Not this weekend but maybe next!!:cool:

6. Jun 8, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HOORAY FOR WET OKOLE!!

I'm also thinking about blacking out the interior....Comments??

7. Jun 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    mb_edgar

mb_edgar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Manhattan Beach
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road Pack
    6000k headlights and fog lights, L.E.D lightning all around, satoshi grill, hella 5100's behind the grill, pnasonic in dash, dual fosgates ps3's behind back seat, powder coated back bumper.
    what kind of paint do you recomend to paint mine?

8. Jun 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Group buy-but call them and see what you can work out...They were great to me.

Paint your rims?? Dash?? Rims- I used Duplicolor Regular paint....Probably going to use something similar for the dash.

I hope I answered that...

9. Jun 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    need help putting the lift on?

10. Jun 9, 2009 at 4:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I need time. I'm reall busy with work right now...When I get that all taken care of (hopefully by the end of the month)...I'll be making plans for the lift...

11. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Today is the day...I leave my place in about 15 mins to head to the shop I'm using to do the install. I'm bringing the camera...and I'll prolly post a shot or two to the Live thread.

Wish me luck!!!

12. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    kicking ass bro!

13. Jun 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Good luck man can't wait to see the pics :thumbsup:

14. Jun 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    TengoTaco

TengoTaco Newb

Member:
    La Quinta, CA
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR 4x4 Manual
    8112, SPC, Elka 2.0 rear and Icon AAL. About 1.5”
    Are those training wheels on your bike?

15. Jun 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    shoulda come to auburn this weekend and it would have gotten done fo free. with waffle fries.

16. Jun 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    \

LOL..It's a race stand...but I think I should scrap that photo..cause you aren't the first one to ask!!

It was free dude...and I had all the tools I could ever imainge....I ran outta time- Have to install the rear shocks still.

Sadly I goon'd up and didn't bring my REAL camera...and I forgot to keep taking cell phone pics....so it's not well documented at all....OOPS.

Final results soon...

17. Jun 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    I can't wait to see what it looks like! Take LOTS of pics please... :D I can't help I'm a picture whore. :p

18. Jun 26, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    MacTaco

MacTaco Mustache May

Member:
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Indigo, Lifted, Flowmaster
    Skyjacker 3" Lift, 285/75/R16 Toyo M/T tires/ Eagle Alloy Wheels, Flowmaster 50 Series, Pioneer Din Head Unit, Viper Alarm/Remote Start System, Debadged, DT Headers, True Flow Intake
    Can't wait to see it.

19. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    So I got the lift installed....Not many photos...But here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ride height measurements- Ground to Fenderwell- Same tires and same parking spot.

Before:
    Driver Front
    [​IMG]
    Driver Rear
    [​IMG]
    Passenger Front
    [​IMG]
    Passenger Rear
    [​IMG]

After:
    Driver Front
    [​IMG]
    Driver Rear
    [​IMG]
    Passenger Front
    [​IMG]
    Passenger Rear
    [​IMG]

So the Over all changes were:

Driver Front: 2 2/16"
    Driver Rear: 1 3/16"
    Passenger Front: 2"
    Passenger Rear: 1 6/16"

Left to Right Difference-The Taco Lean
    Before: 5/16th Front & 3/16th Rear
    After: 2/16th Front & Dead Even Rear

And all that lead to this (Click the pic for the link to more photos)
    [​IMG]

One of the photos in there is a big hole in the dirt- After i drove over it. Poor mans locker SAVED MY ASS. My e-brake wasn't happy with me...but I managed to avoid having to call for help.

Thanks to everyone who helped with out with info during my build thus far. Chris 4x4, Delmarva, The guys at Wheelers, and everyone else on the board for the encouragement.

After my little adventure today convinced me that a locker and an OBA set up are going to be clutch soon. Skids and Recovery gear too.
    Anyone else have a good all inclusive list of "must haves" for a great trail/moderate wheeling rig??

20. Jun 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    FL Forester

FL Forester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner
    Looks good. Glad that you got it done.

Products Discussed in

To Top