1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Corn Hole

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by tarheelfan_08, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar

I am making mine for he beach this year!

2. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    I just got a great idea, paint the board, put my decals on, then put a thin piece of plexiglass(unsure how to spell) over it!

3. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I wanna make some with Colts stuff all over em! My uncle is a Marine and he made some bad ass ones with the crest on em...
    [​IMG]

4. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    That would be cool! I hope my plexiglass idea works but I am unsure if it will or not!

5. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    We play washer board in these here parts

[​IMG]

6. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    All you west-coasters, Cornhole is where you toss beanbags from a distance into a slanted plywood board, with a hole at the end. Think of it kind of like horseshoes.

I'm from CA, and I didn't learn about it til I was 26 and moved to Missouri.
    Don't know about that name though. Maybe the first boards were toilet seats or something?

7. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts

mine was a decal, I will find where I got them. I painted them, laid the decals, and the polyurethane over it all ( seals the decal in the poly)

They came our sweet. I made mine out of 1x4s for the frame/legs and 1/2 plywood. it really kept the weight down. They will be pretty heavy if you strap them together to haul around. ( they are pretty big)

just a word of advice, get real corn filled bags, they land alot differently

Justin

8. Jun 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Sweet, I am going to get supplies tonight!

9. Jun 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I take back my sarcastic first post , I had no idea , the only thing we call a cornhole in this neck of the woods is your butthole .

My bad , sorry Tarheel

10. Jun 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
  11. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    And to think I thought you boys were playing Hide the Salami with your Corn Hole boards.... I was like, don't ask don't tell.

12. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    My68ur8trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    Here are a couple shots of the sets I made last winter

The Virginia Tech Boards ( and a baseball bat hand railing I made too)

[​IMG]

and The ODU/JMU set I made for my wife and I

[​IMG]

I got the official university paint colors from Home Depot and I got the logos from https://www.victorytailgate.com/

they were a little pricey, but I could never get them looking that nice

Good luck and post up pics of them when your done

Justin

13. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I can bring one or two up.

14. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    So I called my Grandpa today when I got off work and he told me he had all the supplies I would need. But I would need to pick up the Plexiglas. So I went to Lowe's and got 2 2' x 3' sheets for $40. I decided to make my board 2' x 3' since I will be tailgating with it and taking it to the beach. I went to my grandpas and we got the board built, hole cut and all that is left is to get the Plexiglas, fix the legs and then paint it and put graphics on.

We tried to cut the Plexiglas but cracked it(nothing bad just a small one and we plan to leave it since it will cause no harm). We are taking it to a glass company this weekend to have them cut it so we do no further damage :)

As for my graphics, I work for a printing company so I spoke with out graphics team today and they are going to print me 2 posters that are 2' x 3'. One is going to be a UNC half court and the other a Duke half court. I will then take some glue glue the posters to the board. Cut out the hole in the paper, place the Plexiglas on top and liquid nail the corners. To completely seal the paper inside from moisture, I will take clear caulking and run it around the edges of the board.

Once done I plan to figure out a way to put the board together for easier carrying(legs will be able to fold down) then I will put 2 handles on it to carry it! Me and my grandpa will be getting together next week to finish it. The best part about the project is spending time with him. And he is an excellent woods man!

15. Jun 4, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Plexiglass is being professionally cut as we speak and I decided to do a Lakers Celtics board so graphics are being printed...I wanted to be original! A lot of people around here have Duke and UNC boards!

16. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    What is this washer game??

17. Jun 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Checked out the plexiglass today! It looked great and cut lined up perfectly! Got posters printed to lay on board under neath and they look sweet to! Me and my grandpa are going to spray paint the sides of the board black...put the legs on, put paper down, put plexidown and finish it all Tuesday!

18. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Can someone please tell me where I can get my bags from! I want to find 4 green bags and 4 yellow bags. Preferably from the same place!

19. Jun 5, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    My68ur8trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
  20. Jun 5, 2010 at 10:07 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I got my bags from Becca Sports today for $25 shipped!

But I have a question everyone! People are telling me that when I put this Plexiglass on the boards they will be to slick! Is this true?? And if so is there anything I can do to change that?

Products Discussed in

To Top