1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Correctional Officer Thread

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by NH03Tacoma, May 18, 2013.

1. Bayou Sultan

Bayou Sultan Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    05 Super White PreRunner
    05 PreRunner
    I want to thank BulletToothTony, The Shape and pjgibby for their input, in order to speak that way about what they do and did as Correctional Officers, they are truly hero's on a daily basis. Unless you do this type of law enforcemente work it is very hard to explain because you do a little of everything from putting out fires and saving lives to using deadly force. Fact of the matter is, when you can walk down range and not need to impose your authority you got the respect you have earned and that is not easy behind the wall. Just remember a convict is a convict from the first day to the last and they will get you if they can. BE ALERT!! STAY SAFE!! WATCH THE MOVEMENT ON THE YARD!!

2. Luis1

Luis1 Active Member

Member:
    Alberta, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    - 20" or 30" LED light to go into the lower grill - Hell Bent Steel 2.5" leveling kit - Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 265/70/17 on stock aluminum rims
    1 year in with Correctional Service of Canada in Alberta, CX 1, love it so far. Nice to see other officers on here as well

3. RPD STARS

RPD STARS Turn up the good, turn down the suck!

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    2010 Raptor
    Go Faster Retrozzz... Drop in Dry Flow, Blowfaster Delta 50, 315/70/17 BFG Stock Action
    Congrats on passing your year... Now you can relax a bit lol

4. LennyTheLip

LennyTheLip Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Branch, NJ.
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 DCSB
    Tint and tonneau for now
    Finishing up my 11th year in Monmouth County. Days like today, glad I stuck with it and didn't transfer to a local PD. Know why? It's freaking cold out!

5. Tcoma06

Tcoma06 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cassidy
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4
    Lieutenant w/ Arkansas Community Corrections. 6 years.

6. Buckles

Buckles Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 4Runner
    Daystar 2.5/1.5, Rola Vortex, Gobi Ladder.
    Ive got an interview with the Harris County Sheriff's Department at the end of the month.

7. Marcoc

Marcoc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma V6 TRD OR DC SWB
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils, 1/4" spacer, dakar leaf packs, LightRacing UCA's, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, AFE cat back exhaust, 16" Level 8 black rims on 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 20% tints, Amp Research Bed Extender, Narva 50+ Rangepower headlight & Foglight bulbs, TrailGear sliders, rubber bed mat, Rugged Ridge floor liners, billet trailer harness relocation bracket, and bed light LED mod.
    Good to see some fellow brothers here. 6 years CT DOC. 3 years as a tactical officer, currently an impact/chemical weapons operator. Hoping to get on our K9 team in the future, just finished the testing process. Definitely not an easy field, we are the "forgotten cops". I currently provide armed security for our adminstration building but I came from the largest county jail in Connecticut. Everyone stay safe.;)

8. 14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport 4x4
    3" black nerf bars, tint, bug shield, katzkin leather, roof rack
    Retired Navy MP, now working county corrections in SoCal. Been at it for 6+ years now.

9. TRDtexasTaco

TRDtexasTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JP
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD PreRunner
    Billy shocks, Maxtrac spindels, AllPro standard leafs, BAMF shock relocation, King 2.5 smoothies
    I'm applying for county corrections till I can get in the sheriffs academy.

10. doc1187

doc1187 Active Member

Member:
    new york
    Vehicle:
    sr5 4x4
    26 years with NYDOCS, it pays the bills, put my kid threw collage, and it raised my blood pressure "Sky High". What a ride!?

11. JollyMon

JollyMon Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    14 Double Cab
    5 1/2 yrs CTDOC........

12. 04tacomarob

04tacomarob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Fallon, NV
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD
    Grey wire mod ToyTec ultimate lift
    Put in an application for NHP, hopefully I can get in there! NDOC has been decent but my end goal is to be a trooper.

13. jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Toytec (Eibach) coils with bilstein 5100 shocks and Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Wheelers Super Bumps,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    :thumbsup: Good luck!

14. 04tacomarob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Fallon, NV
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD
    I'll need it. I'm going to be in a pool with 600 others.

15. 45acp

45acp Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    bone stock / unmolested 04 2.7L
    Was a yard officer for 3 years split between Kentucky DOC and Wyoming DOC. Both medium security facilities but worlds apart in terms of... well, just about everything. :laughing:

Miss working with a lot of people, but administrative issues and politics have turned it into a shit job IMO.

Edit-

I probably got to see the best and some of the worst of corrections during the NTC riot in '09. The officers get terrible pay and training (IIRC my take home $$ was ~1500 a month and that's with no health insurance!) but they looked out for each other, especially when the SHTF that evening. Nothing short of a friggin miracle everyone made it out alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFfBrMDYK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlwROCuxNk

The comments in the above video @ 1:25 pissed me off, as they were totally false. The majority of our radios were some shitty, ancient GE PCS units that more likely than not, didn't f*^#ing work. There was so little equipment available I thought it was like a scene out of "Enemy at the Gates" (where the Russians are landing on the beach) because we'd go in groups of three officers. One would carry the radio, another would carry a set of keys, and the third officer wouldn't have anything. It was ridiculous.

And the icing on the cake... prior to this riot where they burned down the prison, they were allowed cigarettes and matches. A smoking ban? Nope. After the riot we had to light the cigarettes for the inmates.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  16. backwoodz30

backwoodz30 Active Member

Member:
    Sylamore National Forest
    Vehicle:
    Bonestock old mans truck
    Brushgaurd no mods.
    I work at Arkansas Department of Corrections. I love my job. It is a different world inside for sure.

17. aw10tacoma

aw10tacoma backyard mechanic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Bergen County, Nj
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC OME3inch lift
    -HomerTaco Grille -Aftermarket Headlights Halo Projectors -kobolt toolbox/toyota bed extender -rear doors now have pioneer speakers… installed myself -Kenwood DNX690HD -LED speedo gauge swap and faceplate along with painted needles -TRD spray painted on grille -Strobe lights in reverse lights -All bulbs are now led -XD rims -arb bumper -SLIDERS -OME 3inch suspension lift nitrocharger sport shocks dakar leafs -light racing ucas -toughtlight 22''dual led bar behind my homertaco grille -wet okale seat covers -2 led off roading lights mounted to the bullbar -trailer lights connection moved into bumper -tints -trd cold air intake -trd catback exhuast -total chaos lca skids -ATO IFS Skidplate -DT Shorties
    Well im not a C.O. yet but I hope I get accepted

18. Jmcavene

Jmcavene Wish I Had TRD OffRoad

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    '14 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Nd4 anytime foglights, WeatherTech digital fit floor mats, WeatherTech Side Window deflectors, WeatherTech Stone & Bug Deflector
    Looking Forward to using my MA DOC paycheck on some mods for my stock 2014 SR5 Taco. Would like to start with getting what I need to make it TRD OffRoad and then continue from there...I'm fresh out of the academy working third shift in an institution that is classified as Medium but it's nothing more than a minimum. Good to see other COs/Leos on the forums. Stay Safe.

19. 04tacomarob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Fallon, NV
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD
    Mine is the same, supposed to be medium but it's a minimum with more fences and razor wire.

I'm thinking I'll stick with corrections for another year instead of testing for NHP. I might try to go local in the county jail since I already have my cat 3 though.

20. 04tacomarob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Fallon, NV
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD
    Also, this thread needs more C/O's in it!

To Top