1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Could use some advise on leveling

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sparks305, Jan 21, 2012.

1. sparks305

sparks305 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Sonar Headlight w/ 55W H1 DIGITAL HID kit (4300K), Interior/Exterior LED upgrades (thanks to mceagle555), Original 2009 LED taillights , Bilstein 5100 all around, and Satoshi Grill (Homertaco), JL HD 400/1 w/ C3 570 & C2 670, JL HD 600/1 w/ JL 13TW5. DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter Upcoming: Sliders (thinking N-fab, can't decide).
    I've been reading many threads about lifts throughout the forums, and came across Bilstein 5100 Series - Ride Height Adjustable shocks multiple times. So my question is do I need anything else to lvl my truck out? new springs, a lowered drop diff, wheel alignment? I am very new to modifying the suspension.

While I'm at it I figure I would also replace the back shocks with Bilstein 5100.

Back end is 2" higher then front end, and for some reason when I measure from the highest point on the tire to the body I get different measurements from both sides (maybe the driveway is exactly level?).

Thanks for the advice!

2. KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    You would only need the shocks to level out the truck. They are designed to be used with the stock springs.

You do not need a diff drop because you have a prerunner, which does not have a front diff in the first place.

Any time you modify the suspension you should get an alignment.

It's not surprising you got different measurements on each side. Tacomas have a lean towards the drivers side due to the driver and fuel tank being on the same side.

3. MattDriver

MattDriver Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Guntersville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD offroad dcsb 4x4
    5100's front and rear, fronts set at 1.75 and a front end alignment and you are good to go. You should not have any vibes. no need for cb drop, shims, or diff drop.

To Top