1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

couple nonTSB AAL insall questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KingMoo, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Dec 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM
    KingMoo

KingMoo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    we fucked up. we didnt read far enought down where it said "now rinse and repeat for passenger side". we have all u-bolts off and the axle/diff is kinda floppy :confused:

we were following the directions to do both sides at the same time. hope the differential isnt fugd up

2. Dec 3, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    berg2065

berg2065 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    11 reg cab 4x4
    5100's set at .85,eibachs, LR uca's, toytec 1.5" aal, ride rite bags, receiver hitch, ARE cap with bedrug, Thule rack, wet-okole cover, ultragauge, kenwood dnx5180 navi/receiver, ss rubi404 running factory doors and JL8
    you will be ok....just when you jack the axle tight to the springs, make sure you align the centering pins into the spring pads on the axle

3. Dec 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    KingMoo

KingMoo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    -LIFT: 5100 bilsteins all around (set at 0.85 in front) eibach coils 2" AAL -D-RINGS -BED COVER rollaway
    all done! 7+ hour job. I probably have the new record :D . seems to drive properly but there's a little snowstorm here so I wont know until I can drive it on a cleared highway.

only casualty was the garage door which we had partially down with the front of the truck sticking out. Trying to keep snow and cold out of the garage. It started to sag and I thought it may eventually touch the hood so I asked my wife to hit the garage button a couple times to get it to go up while I held it to make sure it didn't come down. Well it came down all right and I couldn't stop it so I ended up having to push the door out and now it's all bent to hell. oh well at least it didnt touch my tacoma :)

thanks for the help! pictures to follow tomorrow when I get the snow off it.

Products Discussed in

To Top