1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

couple Q's on my taco (Diff & Reverse)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Grande, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aug 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    Grande

Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    i picked up my used taco (06 Off road TRD) about 2 months ago, there was no owners manual, so i was kinda bummed about that. So my Q is there anythng i should know about the locker and how it works, i tried to look around aboout counldnt find much, like do i have to stop to lock it or put it in neutral, i turned it on but the lil red locker light (with the X on the Diff) keep blinking, does that mean its on, or broken, or i dunno. Sry if this is a noob Q. ANother question is when i hop in my truck on a cold start when i put it in reverse i hear this kinda loud buzzing sound, and its only when no gas is being applied, this buzzing is starting to get me worried because it just kinda started a week ago, and the seller didnt tell me this, so i wondering if any one has the same kinda problem. Any help will be great. Other than that i love my taco, should of got one earlier, good thing i didnt get the fontier lol.:D

2. Aug 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    ^^^^no i have a off road with the E-locker, its just that the first owner ordered a sport hood, so i called it a prerunner sport, plus i have hav the off road rims and not the sport rims.
    the abs, really, hopefully bcuz it only happens in reverse but it did do it in a lower noise level when i put it in neutral when i was waiting outside my buddies house. thanks for the reply, that was kinda fast lol.

3. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea its next to my fog light switch, Yea the first time i saw the truck i was kinda confused bcuz it had the scoop but it had the chrome grill surround, lol. so is there any speed limit with the locker on? would it be bad to turn it on for just flat trail driving, bascially hauling ass on a dirt trail, or is it more for like hill climbs and getting through mudd and stuff. Or what about to use it on road when it rains? or to get off the line faster? i dont really plan on doing any street racing (since its a truck), but its cali, for some reason other drivers awlays try to do some tricky stuff on our roads. When i used to take my sisters RSX out for spins, pepole probly thought i was the biggest A-hole in the world, ;), lol. but its just bcuz it felt like a lil go-cart :D.

4. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    I see said the blind man, lol. thanks for the advice, im still a grasshoppa gathering wisdom from ppl like u. So when its flashing it not engaged? i tired to turn it on once but it just kept blinking, but it was also in a parking lot, so im gona try it out tonight on a trail by house and see how it works. so if its flashing dont start driving and turn it back off?

5. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea i dont think i would of done that, i was already kinda cautious to even turn it on, lol. thanks man u have been a big help and bascily answerd all my questions....i think it might b a lil early, but i think i love TW :D

To Top