1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Couple Questions.....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jlwilsonjr, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    jlwilsonjr

jlwilsonjr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Front Stage
    Ok the time is now for me to upgrade the stock speakers in my 02 dbl cab. I will be going today to a local shop to hear a few 6.5 components. I listen to Rock and Classic Rock most of the time so if anyone with the same listening preference could post up I would appreciate your recommendation. I have a budget of 250.00 for the front stage.

These seem to get good reviews
    http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/pioneerpremierts-c720prs.aspx

Amp
    I've been eyeing the Alpine PDX 400 4 channel. However this could change depending on if I install one or two subs in the future. Any amp recommendations also welcomed.

Subs
    These trucks just don't have much room so there just isn't many options. I will be talking with Mr Marv on Monday to discuss what options are available. Not sure if I can get 2 10's in it or not if not what would be best 2 8's or 1 10"? Those with my year model truck please post up what you have.

All this will be feed by a Pioneer Avic N1 Nav unit. I would appreciate any recommendations.

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Always working on the stereo, painted the front skid plate black to match the truck, debadged , toy tech ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper Looking into a supercharger and new exhaust.
    I have the components that you linked to. I like them a lot. Definitely should be amped for best results (which it looks like you are going to be doing). As for subs, not sure what will fit, but I am a fan of my two IDQ 10s. Not sure if two will fit behind the seat of an '02, Marv will know though.

I am sure that you can do just fine running a single 10.

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    jlwilsonjr

jlwilsonjr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok I'm a little disappointed. I went down to the local Car Toys today to listen to a couple components. The sales guys was telling me that if I went with 6.5's that it would not look right without serious modification to the door. I
    How true is this?

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    machman

machman Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Alabama
    Vehicle:
    03 DC PreRunner TRD V6
    Not entirely true. I just did a bunch of research on this and I just placed my order with Marv for some Image Dynamics 6.5 components and baffles. He did say that I would have to remove a little bit of plastic from the back side of the door panel. I may also have to cut a little bit of metal to clear the magnet. It will be at least a week before I begin this project.

Marv will be trilled about your speaker choice. He really loves those Pioneers and tried to get my to fork out the extra $100 to get them. He did try to get me to buy the 5 1/4's though because the install would be easier. I was set on the 6.5's because I am pretty sure that I will never do a sub.

Also, read up on deadening your doors. This will greatly improve the SQ of your speakers.

5. Oct 11, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Always working on the stereo, painted the front skid plate black to match the truck, debadged , toy tech ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper Looking into a supercharger and new exhaust.
    The Pioneers that I have fit without modification, aside from the addition of the baffles. But, that is going into an '08. YMMV in an '02. Marv will most likely know.

I know we have discussed this a bit via PM, but for anyone searching...

To Top