1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cox communications commercial

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rondog, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Sep 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    rondog

rondog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    So I was watching TV last night. I get my TV through Cox Communications here in san diego.

A commercial for Cox came on last night. It was a hot girl wearing a Direct TV shirt sitting where a TV would go saying how "You can't watch me in every room. You have to pay for that" and then Cox comes back saying "See you have to pay for every room you want direct tv in. With cox, you don't have to pay for each room"

That wasn't verbatim, but that is complete and utter bull shit. I have 4 rooms with TV in my house and you bet your ass I am paying for all 4. Upwards of 40 bucks additionally just to have the 4 rooms.

Now their argument is probably, "You aren't paying for the TV service..that is the equipment rental you are paying for." Well you don't give me an option to use my own equipment!

I just think that is so deceptive :mad:

/rant

2. Sep 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    rondog

rondog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    I have the home DVR plus 3 additional receivers. My point was they said it costs nothing to watch in other rooms when in fact it does.

Are you saying that is only if you are connected to the home DVR that you pay extra?

If they offer a receiver that isn't connected to the main DVR and is free that'd be awesome.

Products Discussed in

To Top