1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

crazy malfunction today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rbohno, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Dec 8, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Viper remote start alarm 2.5" Spacer in front, 1.5" spacer in rear, rear TSB performed N-Fab Nerf bars 16" x 8" Vision Warrior wheels 265/75/16 Dura Trac tires
    My truck 2010 TRD w/4wd and 6cyl (15k miles)

I am driving along and accelerate half throttle from a light when it turns green. I looked at the dash moments later and my ABS and VSC light were both on while driving.
    I went into my doctors appointment came out and had forgotten about it until almost home(about 30 miles) and looked at the dash and both lights were out??????

What the heck could have caused that???? I know temperature outside it was in the 20's this morning but I cant remember ever hitting any ice and even if I did what would that have to do with my ABS light??

2. Dec 8, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    That's so weird. The exact same thing happened to me today ... VSC and ABS on. But I was installing aftermarket lights. Have to see if I can figure it out tomorrow.

3. Dec 8, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Don't give up here just yet

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Around To Many People
    Vehicle:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Lugs
    Brute Force Bumpers: rear & custom front tube, Saw-A-Way Racerunner 2.5 Coilovers with Total Chaos UCAs. Icon AAL.
    ABS may assist VSC by controlling brake fluid pressure at/to certain wheels that are having trouble getting traction.

Don't know why the light would pop on.

See if I can dig anything up.

To Top