1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CRAZY ONE DAY DEAL ALERT: silblade 2 for 1 on amazon TODAY

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by builthatch, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Feb 22, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    builthatch

builthatch [OP] MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    i've used regular framed silblades on my mazda, and they were so good i fabbed a set to work on my old montero. if you keep them clean they never die or act strange. they are silicone, totally unlike anything on the market that i'm aware of with the exception of the PIAA blades. i was on amazon looking for something else and noticed this deal. i ordered a 22" and 21", with free shipping, for 16.99 total lol. that price is absurd!!!!

you put both in your cart, and at the final step it'll show you the discount. you can even apply free super saver shipping even though the final total is below that threshold. the shorter one is more expensive than the longer one, for some reason, so the final total price comes out to the price of the shorter one (16.99)

the only weird thing is it says "usually ships in 2-3 months" for one and 2-3 weeks for the other, but honestly, i don't care. i'll wait a couple months for these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27 see "deal of the day" in gold box deals.

2. Feb 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    Mack83

Mack83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    '08 2wd, stock and boring for now.
    Good find!

3. Feb 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    bobby15

bobby15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Chino Hills, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB 4x4 magnetic grey tacoma
    tint, Fox 2.5 coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, bump stops, fox 2.0 piggybacks, All-Pro leaf pack, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Robby Gordon signature series rims, Magnaflow exhaust, Gen 1 TRD cai, blacked out tails, halo head lights, flood lights behind the grill, Street scene grille,L.E.D. dome, map and license plate lights, HID's in the headlights and fog lights, Kenwood touchscreen head unit, fog light mod, vinyl rapped valence, plasti dipped badges ..more to come
    Nice I need to get a pair !!

4. Feb 22, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    builthatch

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    it'll say it at the last stage, before you confirm the order. also make sure you selected free super saver shipping on that page.

5. Feb 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I'm all over this $16.99 and free shipping. Great Blades

6. Feb 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Pyrite Mica DC TRD Off Road
    no longer available to add to cart :(

7. Mar 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    builthatch

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    well, i received these a few days ago. i have used them in the past without a hiccup but these latest ones were TERRIBLE! they would squeak incessantly in any conditions except a complete downpour. i am really anal about the cleanliness of my windshield on my vehicles. - it is PERFECTLY clean, there is nothing interfering with these. they just squeak and won't stop.

also, silblades now come with a black graphite type of grease all over them. the ones i used in the past did not have this at all. i was going to keep them considering how cheap i got them but truthfully, they are terrible, so i'm returning them to amazon. thankfully the return process is pretty dang easy.

did you other guys get to try yours yet? i feel bad for highlighting this deal but truthfully i have had great success with the silblade in the past, nothing like what i experienced with this latest set.

To Top