1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Creative Security

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Dannny boy, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:09 AM
    Dannny boy

Dannny boy [OP] Stab it and Steer

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 loaded salvage, and a brand newly aquired 2000
    grey wire, buzzer yank, last click defrost, tack welded column, deckplate, intake silencer delete, led map/red overhead, led backups, underhood dual battery, onboard air, CS-144 big fucking alternator, big fucking alternator wiring, overhead rifle rack, airbag pistol safe, cab to camper 12 volt evap cooler, bug screen cab windows, onboard shower, solar panel and beer fridge!
    Anyway, gonna make a nice apartment, the box trailer. But as with anything, before I take it out I spend on security. I'm looking into a camera system for outside monitoring, a hitch lock, and any other opportunities to deny someone else one.

2. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:15 AM
    Dalandser

Dalandser ¡Me Gustan Las Tacos-mas!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Regular Cab / 98 4x4 Extra Cab
    Empty Wallet Mod
  3. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:16 AM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    grey wire, buzzer yank, last click defrost, tack welded column, deckplate, intake silencer delete, led map/red overhead, led backups, underhood dual battery, onboard air, CS-144 big fucking alternator, big fucking alternator wiring, overhead rifle rack, airbag pistol safe, cab to camper 12 volt evap cooler, bug screen cab windows, onboard shower, solar panel and beer fridge!
    about that ratchet strap bro, didn't mean to downplay it. Was better than what I had when woken up by some vigilantes down south of here. "We thought you was a wet"

Dalandser likes this.
  4. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:20 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    All good - it makes sense to see people coming up before they're peeking in the window at you while you're dreaming of flying over a tropical forest and are rudely awakened by hillbillies trying to oust some immigrants. I started doing that down by the border because I thought I might be a good target for some people crossing that weren't looking for honest work or were desperate enough to rob me and steal my truck - luckily I slept through the night and no such incidences took place! :thumbsup:

WTF - you do need to move. That's just crazy. Time to head north - I thought St. George Utah seemed like a good place to live. Centralized to all the places I like to go to explore.

5. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:25 AM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I just remember the scene in Easy Rider from viewing as a child. I thought Dennis Hopper was really killed as I never saw him in any movies 'til the 80's. Anyway, if you're gonna reef down, don't build a fire in somebody's back yard and talk so loud.

Dalandser likes this.
  6. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:27 AM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I was truly traumatized by that scene though. The rest of the movie would have been better with Billie.

7. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:31 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    lol - that movie was a cool one - I saw it in my early twenties when I was working at a movie theater while our theater was showing classic movies once a month. The projectionist and manager were my friends so we got to stay late Thursday nights and preview the movies with any accessories we'd like :cheers:. Well that movie was cause for special celebration. Can't remember all of it... but it took us for a ride lol

I was bummed to see him go too. Definitely was selective about the movies he was in - until The Crow 4. Not sure what that was all about, but I liked all the actors in it and they tried their best...

8. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:36 AM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    YOU KNOW WHAT word I LIKE? MANN, that's right man, hey man, how ya doin man, far out man!

Dalandser likes this.
  9. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:40 AM
    Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab Prerunner
    how old are you geysers ??

Dalandser[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:41 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    lol yep that seemed like it was a real person not an actor - one of my first friends out here reminded me of that character a lot. good memories of all that part of my life.

11. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:41 AM
    Rburdeaux

Rburdeaux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab Prerunner
    i dont even know what u guys are talking about. ironic that the topic is about entertainment(movies)

12. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:42 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    lol it was a classic movie event back in the early 2000's - I'm old, but not that old lol. Just 35.

Rburdeaux[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:42 AM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Incidentally, in one of the first scenes of that movie they pass by a giant lumberjack statue on the bikes. That's just down the street from me.

Rburdeaux and Dalandser like this.
  14. Mar 27, 2017 at 2:43 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    That's good to know. It's that kind of stuff I'll be looking for in a few years when I have my 98 built to go across country to visit my folks in Maine. I'll start a list of things right now - being productive!

Rburdeaux likes this.
  15. Mar 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM
    pofarm

pofarm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    SW MO
    Vehicle:
    1996 Taco
  16. Mar 28, 2017 at 2:24 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
  17. Mar 28, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    What about a homemade low-jack? I've heard of them being made out of cheap cell phones with a GPS. That way when all your hard work goes missing you can round up the posse and pay a little house call - more satisfying then calling the police. Or maybe just call the police and show them where it is. Shit, I don't know, just trying to have a little fun

18. Mar 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    Thought of that - it would have to be pretty well hidden and always charge off the battery. If you want to buy a family plan and hide an iPhone in there you can use the "find my phone" app. Of course only in cellphone service areas - sol if the thieves live in the wilderness.

19. Mar 28, 2017 at 10:07 PM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    yup, but there's gotta be something that runs on a lithium and phones home. I need to do more research.

20. Mar 28, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    Dannny boy

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I really would like some 007 type thing though. Nothing better than getting some instant revenge on some jackass trying to mess with your ride.

Dalandser likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top