1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Credit card?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Witchdr76, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 11:58 AM
    BlazinBlueTaco

BlazinBlueTaco I Bleed Blue and Orange Baby

Member:
    DC/MD/VA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD OR DCSB
    (DISCLAIMER - THIS MAY OFFEND YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE)

I'm not sure how much help my opinion will be; however, I don't have any debt and two newer vehicles paid off and 100K+ in savings and investmentts that I don't intend to touch until age of 60 probably. Maybe I am being modest but i prefer to not sound like i'm bragging so here is my attempt to help. It is important that you noted that you don't travel much which means, stay away from credit cards with rewards geared more to people who fly a lot. I would look into a cash rewards credit card where no matter what you purchase, you're getting something back in cash rewards. So, for example, Citi Costco Visa card gives you anywhere from 1% to 4% back and you cash your rewards at the end of each year. My wife and I, we pay everything we can with our Citi Visa card. What we don't do is say, "Oh sweet, the more I spend the more i get back." Yes this is true, but did you need most of that stuff to begin with? At the end of the day, make sure that you identify your budget, make a game plan for how much you can spend each month and if you spend the same on credit as you would in cash, and pay it off each month, you're better off using a credit card because you are getting something back. The problem, and this is why others here will disagree with me and say credit cards are evil altogether, is that 90% of the time, people will spend more money on credit than they would have in cash. Take out $500 in cash from the ATM and go buy something with it. Note the feeling you get when you physically hand all $500 to the cashier. It doesn't feel good, does it? This is why Dave Ramsey and the likes of him will tell you, budget then spend with only cash and see how your spending affects you mentally and emotionally. If someone can't be responsible with their money, they should not use a credit card. Please whatever you do, don't get a credit card and mod your truck to hell and back. You will be a miserable fuck paying that off for years and years. I would be happy to help out more if you want. PM me any time.

7D2Nova and Witchdr76 [OP] like this.
  2. Sep 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM
    TACORIDER

TACORIDER Just another statistic

Member:
    First Name:
    JAKE
    EAST TAWAKONI TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    12 TACO and some other Toyota’s
    Only card I paid a fee was my Amazon but I got Amazon TV or whatever the hell it is. Everything else is no fee

PzTank likes this.
  3. Sep 12, 2019 at 2:27 AM
    06Tacooo

06Tacooo Earth Czar

Member:
    First Name:
    Earth
    39.219437282548 -83.421077728271
    Vehicle:
    06 Off Road Access Cab Indigo Ink Pearl
    Michelin Defender LTX M/S2, ABS kill switch, Tech Deck, Mirror riser, Ride-Rites
    Some people get it, some don't.

Products Discussed in

To Top