1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crossfit???

Discussion in 'Health' started by Stillfly199, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Mar 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    SpeedoJosh

SpeedoJosh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access cab, Base, 4x4
    There is definitely a market for racks and such. Problem is going to be getting your name out there. I'd try to push your product to others and get your name circulating to build a reputation. Don't limit to CF. Go to schools, normal gyms, strength and conditioning gyms, etc... Once you make enough off some local sells, maybe send a freebie to one of the big names in the Olympic lifting/power lifting scene.
    I highly doubt that CF itself will bite b/c they are like a cult and are in Rogue's pocket. Everything at any CF sponsored event is Rogue stuff for a reason.

But there's nothing to stop the smaller gyms and home gym peeps from saving some money on a rack.

2. Mar 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Yeah I'm definitely not trying to overthrow Rogue. I was approached by the owner of the gym that has thousands in Rogue equipment. He was ready to drop another $1300 on a Rogue rack system and pull up bars, but asked if I would be able to save him some money and he needed it fairly custom for the room it was going in. This is the kind of business I'm looking for. I don't know a lot about crossfit and such (that's my roommate's thing), just that they have thousands of dollars in racks and these gyms are popping up on every corner.

3. Apr 1, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Post some pictures of the stuff you have made. I know some people down here in FL getting ready to buy a couple rogue racks that might be interested.

4. Apr 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    Tribull

Tribull Have more than you show. Speak less than you know.

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    Bone stock. For now.
    I would definitely be interested. We are about to open a second location that we will need to outfit. Shoot me a PM.

5. Apr 2, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I will get some pics up when everything is painted and installed this weekend.

6. Apr 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Over priced sweat shop, go outside and do something physical people. Don't pay people a ludicrous amounts of money to tell you how to lift weights, and use common since at staying active!! the CrossFit meatheads down here in Newport Beach make a killing off of suckers that don't know how to exercise!

7. Apr 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM
    JordanSmith127

JordanSmith127 Jordemo805@yahoo.com

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK
    Since you such an expert please tell us more...i dont get why non crossfiters only hate on crossfit, theres a method to it and how its programmed to show results, but everyone who doesnt get it thinks all we do is swing out dicks around for an hour class and blow out our back lifting things realy fast. People get a clue please, gain some experience with it before you hate on it if you wish, but why is it I never see crossfit folks hating on people doing traditional strength programs, or on bodybuilders but it seems everyone who doesnt do crossfit hates on it? Shows who the more mature group is.

8. Apr 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    Tribull

Tribull Have more than you show. Speak less than you know.

Member:
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    Bone stock. For now.
    *sense

Using proper spelling (and maybe giving some qualifications before making such broad claims) may make people accept your opinion a little more readily.

9. Apr 2, 2014 at 6:26 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I don't crossfit (or work out), but I can see why it's successful. A lot of people have terrible form when lifting and only build certain muscles to impress girls or whatever. Crossfit requires more effort and skill than just tossing some weight in the air. It's actually impressive to see how hard these guys go everyday that do this.

10. Apr 2, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Crossfit-teaching the correct way to do an incorrect pull up.

Its good for some sports like water cooler polo, desk jockeying and....shot putting a dick in your ass.

11. Apr 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Crossfit requires skill but any fool with a 1000 bucks can get level one and think they are a god and their form still fucking sucks.

Old school crossfit is where its at, this new shit, sport shit, this isn't crossfit, its fucking boot camp, call it what it is.

How many of you crossfitters can do King Kong?

12. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Because lifting weights correctly actually works?

13. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    In what way? Running properly works too or just keeping a healthy diet. There is more than one way to skin a cat guys.

14. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Know why I hate crossfit so much?

1. At my gym, the crossfitters take the bars/weights/and benches from the main gym, and then lock the door when they leave so no one can get in there to get them.

2. There's a 300 lb chick in there that's been doing it for at least 4 or 5 months now...and no one can tell a difference in her. She's makin no gaaaaainz man! There are like 2 people in that class whose bodies I can tell have changed any at all.

15. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.

I can. And it ain't fun.

that said. King Kong isn't for most people. Hardly anyone used to be able to do that period as "old school" crossfit didn't associate with big big weight.

Times have changed. Get over it.

That said. Yes i agree that any dip shit can get a lvl1 and not know a damn thing. Its finally coming to the surface though and people are starting to act on it.

The correct way to become a coach in my eyes is be involved with a box for at least 1 year. 2 years preferably BEFORE you get your cert. Learn the other coaches well. And learn the other members well. Then get your cert. Then shadow for 3-6 months. THEN you can start soloing.

But none of that means shit if your not a good teacher and lets face it. Not everyone is.

16. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:19 PM
    BabyTaco

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    1. Go to a different gym. Sounds like an issue with management.

2. There is a whale of a woman that goes to the university gym here. She does body building workouts WITH a certified trainer and you couldn't tell she has lost a thing either. I have seen way more fat "body builders" than crossfitters. Judging a form of fitness over one person is just naive.

17. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    zopperman

zopperman LED & HID positive

Member:
    First Name:
    Zak
    Arlington, VA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner
    Lift, 32" Duratracs, sliders, LED light bar, interior LEDs, sweet tunes & sub, OBA, sliders, TRD 16" 6 spoke wheels, CB, HID spotlights, electrical mods, etc.
    Arnold speaks the truth

[​IMG]

18. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I am over it ;-) as soon as it became a commercialized class without results.

I used to do it all the time, these class acts ruined it for me.

19. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    ive tried it for a month, its not effective for toning.......and ive seen so many injuries. No thanks i'll stick to the regular gym to save my medical bill

20. Apr 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM
    BabyTaco

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    I don't see the problem with it if you did it all the time? I didn't stop lifting because the bros on their cell phones, cut off tanks and tiny legs started to do it.

You don't have to goto a box to do a wod. Just workout like you used to and fuck the rest.

Products Discussed in

To Top