1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cruise Control Addition

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Racerboy221, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mar 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    Racerboy221

Racerboy221 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2.4, Std cab/bed, 18"wheels,airshocks
    18" Wheels & Tires, Airshocks, CB Radio
    My Taco is a base model....no real frills. I was wondering what it would take to add Cruise to it. I am not really sure of all of the components needed and was wondering if there was someone with that knowledge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04-Toyota-Tacoma-Cruise-Control-Switch-lever-adjust-/370490288368?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1998|Model%3ATacoma|Make%3AToyota&hash=item5642f128f0

I found this unit for sale on eBay but was not sure if there were additional parts needed or will it wire straight up? The truck has a bunch of unused wire harnesses under the dash....I have added a digital clock, ordered the power windows since the wiring was in the door already.

I hope the cruise is the same. Anyone know?

2. Mar 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    SargeSlapnuts

SargeSlapnuts SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    alpharetta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD 4x4 converted PreRunner SR5 lifted l
    255/85-16 tires, front push bar w/9000lb winch, driver and passenger windows tinted to match factory rear tint, quick at home spray on bedliner, hid's, lifted with 3"toytec rear lift kit and ome front lift, locked with powertrax, and a cb radio in place of ash tray, fog light mod, diff breather mod, greasable shackles, Home made Baja Rack, "extra" bright reverse lights. also converted to 4x4 safari snorkel
    i would actually really like to know if this would work cause cruise control would be nice to have on my truck.

3. Mar 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    Sign Guy

Sign Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    DrugRunner V6, 2wd
    Nice Rims, Big Tires, Carryboy Shell, Added Rosta Cruise Control & Ultraguage, 5100 Bilsteins All around
    I know there is more to it than just the lever. You need the actuator to pull the throttle. I installed an audiovox CC on my Ranger and there were a few more pieced than just the part on the column. I am heading over to Missoula for the weekend, maybe I'll try to find this junkyard and ask the guy if I have time. Strange that unit has that metal bracket on it, I wonder where that goes????

4. Mar 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Gen 1 have throttle cable I'm assuming so yes, vacum & control cable pieces under the hood. Clutch pedal has cutoff relay if not automatic trans. Might need brake pedal cutoff relay. Not sure what else. Mine is gen 2 with drive by wire so all I needed was clutch cutoff relay, stalk, steering wheel wire and steering wheel cover piece where stalk comes out.

5. Mar 22, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    Alejo

Alejo Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alejo
    Fl
    Vehicle:
    98 prerunner, 2.7, acces cab
    That par is for a OEM cruise control, you more parts to add cruise control to you truck

To Top