1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cruise ship sinks

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by mjm540ii, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    mjm540ii

mjm540ii [OP] Ding Dang Dee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oxford, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport AC V6
    Fog light mod, interior LED's, illuminated switch, B110 5100's in the rear, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500's, 4X Innovations sliders, rear diff breather mod, painted rocker panels, bhlm, yellow wire mod, CB, Wheeler's 2"aal, Allpro diff skid, ubolt flip, LR UCA's, 885X's w/ 13mm spacer on 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, Relentless IFS/ mid/ T case skids, 255/85/16 KM2s, block heater, DTRL mod, T2 eyelids, Wheelers Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines, ATO shackle flip kit,1" 4Crawler BL, Elite fr plate bumper, Flyzeye LEDs, Drilled and slotted rotors, 20" LED bar
    My sister and my brother-in-law were on the cruise ship that sunk off the coast of Italy. They were going for their honeymoon, leaving for 10 days. This was their first day on the trip! They lost everything except for a little bit of money:( They made it out ok though, and last I heard they were in a hotel in Italy. Apparently, the ship's staff did not warn the passengers that the ship was sinking, and told them that it was a minor electrical problem. Soon after they were given the order to put their lifejackets on. Pretty terrible way of starting their honeymoon...

2. Jan 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    booboy

booboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    PaCiFiC nOrThWeSt
    Vehicle:
    2010 TrD SpOrT 4x4
    I'm sorry brotha. Glad to hear that they are okay.

3. Jan 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    mjm540ii

mjm540ii [OP] Ding Dang Dee

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oxford, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport AC V6
    Fog light mod, interior LED's, illuminated switch, B110 5100's in the rear, Satoshi Grill, Hella 500's, 4X Innovations sliders, rear diff breather mod, painted rocker panels, bhlm, yellow wire mod, CB, Wheeler's 2"aal, Allpro diff skid, ubolt flip, LR UCA's, 885X's w/ 13mm spacer on 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, Relentless IFS/ mid/ T case skids, 255/85/16 KM2s, block heater, DTRL mod, T2 eyelids, Wheelers Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines, ATO shackle flip kit,1" 4Crawler BL, Elite fr plate bumper, Flyzeye LEDs, Drilled and slotted rotors, 20" LED bar
    As far as I know, yeah they didnt lose anything too valuable. So now they are in Italy without all of their stuff (passports, etc.) My sister talked to my other sister and told her that they are heading to the US embassy and will have 24 hrs to get a plane home. They said that they were the 2nd to last lifeboat to leave:eek:. Scary, a close call. I saw that the captain and first officer have since been arrested. What a honeymoon! Ill keep you guys posted. Thanks for listening

4. Jan 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    hellrazor004

hellrazor004 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB
    That accident is crazy!...Good luck to your sister and brother-in-law

5. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Thank God they are both okay. Nothing is more valuable than life, especially in such a new marriage.

At least they will have something crazy to tell about their honeymoon in the future!

6. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    damn man! glade they are ok!!

To Top