1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Curious of what your guys take on this is?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by License2Ill, Oct 23, 2013.

1. License2Ill

License2Ill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Mendocino County, CA
    Vehicle:
    SC'd 04 TRD 4x4
    Icon Ext Trvl w/ 14"x700#, LR UCA, Yukon 4.88's, front Trutrac, Dakars w/ double D6XL, Nitro LC 60065 rears, Timbren bumpstops, Manual hubs, Demello Sliders, ARB w/ Warn 9.5xp & endcap mod, CBI rear w/ swingout/boxed frame & demello plates. Rear shock relocate, U-bolt flip. 5 speed swap; hopefully soon. :)
  2. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Vance@Andersenracing.org

Member:
    First Name:
    They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
    Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at hea
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma 4x4 slightly modified
    nothing special.... wanna race?
    I wasn't there so usually I don't comment unless I was there because you never really know what happened. The news sometimes doesn't do their research so there hard to trust.
    However if the facts were right in this news clip then I don't understand why you would need to bring an AR15 to a school for a drug program but I am not a cop so I am unsure of the rules. Also the military is trained different from the police but you usually don't have a round in the chamber for any weapon holstered are mounted in our vehicles or on person. Also they did not state whether a magazine was on the AR15 so that's one variable to their safety and if they were following their own police regulations is another variable to saying whether this could have been avoided.

3. Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    The AR has been a standard issue "trunk gun", even for many motor officers, in California ever since the Hollywood bank robbery where the perps used the full auto AKs.
    Every time one of the LASO came to my school when I was a kid, the car was fully loaded and the deputy would go through everything in the trunk and show us what he carried and what it was used for.

But I agree... for a school PR visit, nothing should have been loaded and chambered except for his sidearm... but I don't know Chino policy.

4. anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    Different departments will have different policies. Also different departments have different budgets for rifles. Ive seen some old military surplus m-16's (converted to single fire) deployed by police agencies. When i say old surplus im talking Vietnam era stuff. I bring that up because i was once shown by an instructor how easily the old style rifle can be accidentally discharged.

5. Maticuno

Maticuno Weapon Mechanic

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-D3, SWI-PS, Sirius Satellite Radio, 2X In-Cab 110V Outlets, Constant Fog Light Mod, Inverter Always 400W Mod, Anti-Pack-Rat-In-Intake Mod, Eibachs on 5100's, 2" Toytec AAL, B.A.M.F Rear Diff Skid, 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
    I, too, thought WTF when I saw this. Our policy for the sidearm is fully loaded, one in the chamber, no safeties except your finger. Long gun vehicle carry policy is fully loaded, empty chamber, safeties on.

To Top