1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Current stock shocks almost at 100K, OME questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by wyotaco06, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Feb 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    I feel like replacing my current stock TRD offroad shocks since they have almost 100K miles on them.

I have been reading and reviewing OME and it sounds like a great suspension to go with for my needs. I use the truck offroad quite a bit but mostly just getting to hunting/fishing/camping spots. Go down some pretty gnarly trails sometimes as most of these locations are WAY out there.

Anyhoo, I am not interested in much of a lift, and would prefer to be under 2in total lift when done. I dont want to deal with vibrations or getting new UCA due to lifting. I will continue to run 265/75/16 tires as I love my current MPG. I also do not plan on a plate bumper or winch, but possible some sliders in the future.

So, I am thinking 884 coils+full OME setup. What else can you guys recommend for this lift. Truck currently has the 3 leaf pack, didn't know about the TSB until i found this site....too late.

Thanks for any info TW, it is greatly appreciated! (Yes, i am aware of the search feature as well, just wanted opinions of my own thread:cool:)

2. Feb 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    look into an Iron man lift. they are also an Australian based company. its right at 2", and you don't have to worry about neew ucas, your cv angles will be great, no worries with axle shims, etc. It comes with new springs, struts, bushings, and a 7 leak pack. sierra expeditions is selling it for 880 for the whole kit.
    images_0c5947b0bae323410aca2b40bc76261653016a4f.jpg

this is the kit im saving up for right now

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. Feb 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    HA! Damn all these options!! That does seem like a pretty quality choice, I had never heard of it till now. THANKS!!

At first I was thinking OME, then Icon stage 1, then 5100's, then back to OME, and now this! Oh well, at least I have time and am not in a huge rush to purchase. Current shocks are old but they still work, kind of:cool:

4. Feb 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    cstephan

cstephan Jack Of All - Master at none

Member:
    Hendersonville, Nc
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco TRDOR -DCSB- Gov. Controled Special
    Hold my BEER and WATCH THIS
    I have the ironman kit, i love it!!!!!! install took 3 guys 4.5 hours to do, and its great. i am doing a write up on it, because i made some adjusments along the way, that everyone should make, and i need a sway bar relocate kit also.

5. Feb 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    884s and an 3 leaf progressive AAL sounds like what you want.
    I have to add a 1/4" top plate spacer after adding sliders & a full set of skids.
    Sliders alone didn't lower it much (1/8" front & rear).
    Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

6. Feb 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    lodi781

lodi781 Alexander Supertramp

Member:
    shelton CT
    Vehicle:
    '16 4runner trail
    ARB by-51’s, dobinson springs, Gobi Rack, Black Oak single row LED roof bar
    As someone who had his heart set on an ICON, in the end, I decided there was just no way I was going to push my truck hard enough and often enough to justify a 4 grand suspension upgrade. ICON's are race suspensions, not drive around everyday and go play on the weekend setups.( Unless your cashed up). I went with an OME with a dakar leaf pack and am completely happy with it. I got the 885X's and they are fine.

7. Feb 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Post some pics & your specs here Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

8. Feb 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    OP..i have an access cab. my truck is used just like your's. i dont go wheeling for fun. only to get me to hunting camps. some of them are on the end of some crazy runs. my stock truck; i buried the tires into the fenders. so i opted for a "mild" lift.

i did 885's up front, and the 1.5" AAL in back. the back, was exactly 1.5 inch higher. the fronts i forgot to measure. but parked next to a stock truck, i pulled a tape and got 2" in front. i have a shell on my truck. without the shell, the rear end rides up and i get stock looking rake.

just some info for you.

now? i can run up this crazy rocky road in AZ with better tire - fender clearance..i dont rub at all. i will change over to 265/75's soon.

honestly tho.. my next tacoma, i am leaving it all stock.

Products Discussed in

To Top