1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Curse of Oak Island - History Channel treasure hunt

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by carcharias, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Things seem to be heading towards the Knights Templar treasure, too bad they keep dragging this show on with useless footage.

InfernoTonka likes this.
  2. Dec 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    Im excited for the next episode when the divers go down 10x.

3. Dec 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    North Star

North Star I keep planets in orbit

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    N-fab side steps, Extang hard tonneau cover, Terra Grappelers
    If any of you are fans for America Unearthed, there was an episode about the Templar treasure/Grail and there were things discovered that indicate Oak Island was a temporary location for the Grail, and that it was already moved... and then moved again from it's latest spot.

Nothing will be found on Oak Island unfortunately. The trail on America Unearthed makes sense and even though Scott found another dead end, it did shed some light IMO on the mystery of the treasure on Oak Island.

4. Dec 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    Ill have to check that out. Its weird when they were in scotland or where ever talking to the experts that they didnt even mention it being moved from oak island.

5. Dec 29, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    North Star

North Star I keep planets in orbit

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    N-fab side steps, Extang hard tonneau cover, Terra Grappelers
    Yeah, check out the American Unearthed episode when you get a chance. It was pretty cool to see these "maps" that were constructed to show it moved, in a very subtle way. The clues do lead to another site, and there is proof that activity happened at the newer site, but again nothing was found. There may be other treasure on Oak Island, but the Grail was "The" treasure. I'm still interested in what the guys on this show are finding though. I always love a good mystery, and there is still a lot of it on Oak Island.

6. Jan 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    the divers last night in that pipe was some really stupid shit!! also extremely unsafe.

7. Jan 14, 2015 at 11:21 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    and they could not see for than like 2 feet. would not be as bad if they where in clear water and could see everything around them.

8. Jan 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah stupid IMO! especially with so many unknowns with what is all really down there. and some smaller pipe that was like 20 something inches that they where suppose to go down.

9. Jan 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    nagorb

nagorb Should be a dang perma mod

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2001 dbl cab 4x4
    I watch the show occasionally but from the beginning knew it was the same as all the other mystery/uncovered secrets shows, nothing was going to happen but the network trying to build suspense. Like someone what posted, if they found something e would know long before the show aired. Still an interesting show though

10. Jan 16, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    SilverJack

SilverJack no one

Member:
    27 inches is only 1 inch smaller that a standard opening for a residential closet/bathroom door. Not too bad with the proper equipment, but no sane diver would go down that hole. You need to clean out all the pipe and rusty equipment first. Especially since the two divers were on comm/recover tethers. Hire a pair of real recovery divers and have them cut out all the junk metal, then you can send down mom & pop. That show was pretty funny.
    "I can't see anything!"...... "I'm stuck!"....... "I'm aborting the dive" :rolleyes:

11. Jan 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solutionÂ…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    There is nothing there. I remember an elementary school field trip to Oak Island, it was fun but nothing there then either.

12. Jan 23, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    Intreaging but frustrating show editing.

I would rather they (history channel) take their time and come up with enough content for a good set of episodes and keep the constant animations and repeating scenes to a minimum.

13. Jan 23, 2015 at 9:25 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Agree 100%

Without all the BS they could fit all of that relevant content into a one hour show.:rolleyes:

14. Jan 23, 2015 at 9:29 PM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    yup. i was interested at 1st but the longer it dragged out the more irritating the episodes became.

15. Jan 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM
    carcharias

carcharias [OP] Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    ^^ Last ditch plan is to freeze the ground around the Money Pit and dig, which puts them all in an awkward position because, now, as businessmen, what do you do with an island that has a massive hole dug in it. Sell it?

The whiz-bang editing fluff fills the gaps of "a couple of dudes digging a hole," as well as being a way to impart a ton of history. History Channel isn't responsible for the major edit or how it's edited - the production company is, along with network notes.

I'm not waiting for gold to be brought up from the island. I'm waiting for the reason behind it to be solved. That would be worth it to me! You all expecting trinkets and bodies and riches?

16. Jan 24, 2015 at 11:24 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    ^^ Yeah, I'm with you! Even little sh*t the builders left behind would fascinate me. I want it sooooooolved! :D

17. Jan 24, 2015 at 11:37 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    ^ Seriously! People can't go through all the trouble of doing this to an island for nothing of importance. Doesn't make sense.

-----

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  18. Jan 24, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    I stopped watching it. It was interesting at first, but like with destination truth with that DB Josh Gates, it's always the run around and proving again what's already been stated, or found. Stop proving what's been proved!! All it is now is just a ratings show. They're not going to find anymore evidence, if they do, it's just going to be mediocre shit to drag the show out. I'd rather watch Dora the explorer, at least she can find stuff.

HomerTaco likes this.
  19. Jan 24, 2015 at 5:06 PM
    Navelfunk

Navelfunk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phyllis
    WA
    Vehicle:
    '03 DC SR5 V6 4x4
    Cap, incorrect rims & tires, stereo...
    It's nothing like Destination Truth. Josh Gates never searched for/found anything I could take seriously. At least these guys are finding credible historical data which makes the island digs worth the effort. I didn't know there were centuries old churches in Scotland & France with corn incoporated into the decor, which predate Columbus and the "New World" discovery. It's very interesting, I'm glad they're doing it!

20. Jan 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM

302 I love Taylor Swift :D

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawrence
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB TRD Sport SSM
    Bedside decal
    The only thing that could make this show worse would be to invite Scott Wolter in to help lead the excavation. He is full of more poopie than the local nurseries dirty diaper bin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top