1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom bed rail mounts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Amos, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Aug 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    Amos

Amos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC sport
    I have been wanting some extra tie downs in the bed, but don't want to pay $45 for the ones from the dealer that go into the rail system. This got me thinking about trying to make some custom accessories for the rail system. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. I don't have a machine shop in my garage, but I would think all you would need is a bolt that goes into a threaded oval shape for the backing with a spring between backing and a washer. Then you could put your attachment between bolt head and washer. Has anyone else tried this or anything like it?

2. Aug 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM
    Amos

Amos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC sport
    I ordered the ones from the armysurplus website, but they haven't come in yet.

3. Aug 16, 2009 at 5:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You can mount anything with a hole in it using a bolt a large diameter washer and a wing nut. The same large diameter washer and an eyebolt with a locking nut will probably hold an anchor point to some extent.

Might be able to rig something up with a small boat cleat too...Haven't really tried tho Those rails don't hold enough weight for me to need more than those 4 cleats that I got with it.

4. Aug 16, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    DVYota

DVYota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra CrewMax 4x4
    Leveling kit, 295/70r18 nittos, banks exhaust
    my girlfriend got me a set of 4 for my birthday... 20 bucks from ebay.

5. Aug 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    ozmon420

ozmon420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    miami, florida
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    18x9 pro comp 7031 rims, alpine iva-d310 w/sirius sat radio, ipod connection, tv tuner, reverse camera, bug deflector, wet okole seat covers, tinted windows, running boards, toytec coilovers front set at 2.5'' , AAL rear,5100's rear, TC UCA, leer topper, bruteforce rear bumper, ARB rear locker.
To Top