1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

custom paint job?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Nitronick, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    Nitronick

Nitronick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Oregon City, OR
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 v6 3.4
    So has anyone done a custom paint job on there tacoma 1st gen? I was thinking about doing it myself, considering my buddy has everything to do it, multiple guns, huge shop, the skills for body work and paint, etc.

I dont want any fancy color, my idea was to do the 2nd gen. dark blue or possibly a hunter green color. I think the dark blue would look cool and be unique because i don't think i have ever seen a 1st gen. with that color..

any input or suggestions guys? :confused:

2. May 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    I haven't seen a dark blue in a 1st generation. That would probably look nice. Most of the custom paint I have seen is photoshopped. There is a 2nd generation on here that is rhino lined. It's different for sure. Anything custom is always sick because it sets your truck apart from the pack. Good luck with your paint choice. ps if you don't like it, you can always paint again with all the tools and skills at your disposal

3. May 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    Nitronick

Nitronick [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Oregon City, OR
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5 v6 3.4
    yea nether have i, that one of the reasons why i really want to do that dark blue color.

i guess i need to go to the paint store to check out paint prices. anyone know the a general price? i don't know much about the painting part of automotive

4. May 2, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    MGM for the first gen.

Products Discussed in