1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom wheels for a 2009 Black Tacoma 4X4

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by texyota, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    texyota

texyota [OP] New Member

Member:
    Howdy,

Another newbie question. I have a 2009 Black Tacoma Double Cab 4X4. I will be gettting new tires & wheels within the next few weeks. I've decided to go with the 265/75/R16 tire/wheel combo based on what I've read in this forum. It will be some time if and when I will ever add a lift.

My driving habits are primarily paved/concrete roads with the occasional crappy rutted out muddy access road and vacationing once or twice a year in the Colorado Rockies during the winter.

For tires I'm considering the following:

BFG All Terrian KO's

Michelin LTX M/S's or LTX II's or whatever their equivalent is called now
    (I got over 100,000 miles from a set of these on my 99' 4Runner)

For wheels I'm considering the following:

Discount Tire brand MB Razor's

American Racing Baja series 172 polished

Ultra 164

I have attached JPEG's of the wheels I'm considering. Sorry, I'm not quite saavy enough to embed the pictures into the thread.

I'm not a big fan of the black on black look some have chosen but to each their own of course. I love the classic look of black against polished aluminum though. And I seem to prefer the wheel style with round holes around the circumference of the wheel between the center hub and outside rim of the wheel.

Of course I'm open to suggestions and would like to see if anyone else has a similar set up with pictures to share.

Thanks,

Mike in Foat Wurth

2. Jan 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Im rolling on American Racing ATX Artillery. Love 'em.

3. Jan 10, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Depending on how rutted and muddy the road is you might want to do the BFGs. If you're doing mostly highway, I'd go with the Michelin M/S. I've had both tires, and the M/S is better for on the road (Wicked wet traction) but the BFGs are better off road. However they do have a much harsher ride than the michelins and they are bit louder.

Both are excellent tires that will serve you well regardless.

Products Discussed in

To Top